Just downloaded the beta of Publisher, and noticed immediately upon creating a document that there's no way to add a bleed, or slug area for printers marks (crop, fold, perf, etc) outside the 'live' area of a design to be printed.. Hopefully that's coming soon! 

I've managed to set up bleeds but a Slug feature is still important. I use the slug area for additional information in FMCG packaging work (exporting PDF from Indesign). It would be an important feature for me, anyone else?

@sc300 Do you actually need a 'feature' for the slug are? Can't you simply place text or info outside the page and then export the page with, say, 10 or 15 mm bleed to include this stuff in the export? Is there a difference?

@Fixx What do you need bleed guides for? When I get a file with them, they normally confuse me, because they look like a second set of cropmarks. What is their actual use?

32 minutes ago, Jens Krebs said:

@sc300 Do you actually need a 'feature' for the slug are? Can't you simply place text or info outside the page and then export the page with, say, 10 or 15 mm bleed to include this stuff in the export? Is there a difference?

The supply chain prefer the crop marks to be close to the artwork when stepping up the artwork on a plate. They mask out the slug info but keep the crop marks so the guillotine operator has a reference. If the crops are too far out, they would need to add them in manually themselves. (attached is a wrap label showing trims & creases. N.B.Final art is supplied as a pdf without that overlay)

pack-example.pdf

I would love to see added to the marks is fold lines and even the possibility for die cuts and preferations added to the printers marks on pdf export - BTW it looks great and love how familiar it feels - looking forward to your final squishy brick company ;)  killer - A motion graphics / video editor