You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pages Panel View

Initial thoughts on publisher are positive! Very fast!

One quirk, likely intentional but still kind of odd feeling is the page panel doesn't match the layout of the artboard.
The pages panel feels scattered.  It would  feel a bit more polished if the spreads were stacked instead of arranged on the fly.

Maybe at least have an option in the panel to allow stacking of spreads?

Proof 10.jpg

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery

Brilliant! I didn't see that, likely due to me thinking that pages and master pages were 2 separate panels. File this under "not-a-bug"

As a suggestion, i would recommend making "list view" the default, it's likely the more expected view. For layout like this, scattered view seems kind of like the niche' option.

Just a suggestion though, definitely not an issue.

And maybe just for balance sake, the list view is hard left justified, making the panel look a bit empty on the right side... maybe center justifying the panel on list view or allowing the panel to shrink horizontally to a smaller width than the current minimum would make this panel a bit more comfortable.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Helge Skogh said:

I would prefer not to have to use the list view. Preferably, this will be solve when the new version is released.

First, I'm a bit confused. This thread is an old one, but the current Publisher releases (on Windows) don't have a List View option for the Pages panel.  Looking at the screenshot in the first post in this topic:

• what the user showed (pages side by side) occurs if you have a very wide pages panel;
  • what the user wants (pages stacked) occurs if you have a narrower pages panel.

So, all that one needs to do is make the pages panel narrow enough to force the stacking.

Second, the complaint about the pages being left-aligned in the panel, with wasted space on the right: At this point, on Windows at least, the pages are centered in the panel. And again, the amount of blank space is determined by how wide the user makes the panel.

So, a question: Does the Mac version have a List View that the Windows version doesn't have?

If not, I'm even more confused by your comment, @Helge Skogh.

If Mac on Publisher does have that option, what does it do (and why doesn't Mac on Windows have it)?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

14 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

So, a question: Does the Mac version have a List View that the Windows version doesn't have?

Not that I can tell, although view as "Small Icons" looks a bit like a simple list view: it is left aligned and one spread per line, whereas medium and large are centered and tiled if there is enough room for more than one spread.

1567934302_ScreenShot2020-11-04at8_38_59AM.png.19a7f7843c9fe668eb6188f60d9cd2d1.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.