You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ability to create a template

Hi,

I've looked at the videos and am now 'playing' with the app. Some great features, it was worth the wait!

One thing I'm missing is the ability to save as a template file. I regularly want to open a new blank document with all the settings ready so that I can just populate it with extra pages and content. I suppose I could create a single, master apub document then, when I begin, save it under a new name (as long as I remember!), but it would be great if we could create a template file to share with co-workers - then we would all be working to the same 'house-style'.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

21 minutes ago, Peter Werner said:

You could just enable the write protection option in Finder/Explorer for a regular publisher file that you want to use as a template, then it won't save over the original by accident.

Yes, that's a great idea, thanks for sharing.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

• 10 months later...
On 8/30/2018 at 3:28 PM, Peter Werner said:

You could just enable the write protection option in Finder/Explorer for a regular publisher file that you want to use as a template, then it won't save over the original by accident.

I would also prefer templates over write-protection. Sadly, mac os handles write protection pretty strangely. E.g. you can't move a folder that has a protected file inside. It’s not like write-protection but more like a complete lock inside the file tree.

9 minutes ago, rcheetah said:

Sadly, mac os handles write protection pretty strangely. E.g. you can't move a folder that has a protected file inside.

That doesn’t sound strange to me! Write protection implies that you can’t modify or delete the file; if you could move the containing folder you would be moving all the files in that folder to a new location, and ‘move to new location’ is equivalent to ‘copy to new location and then delete from original location’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)