You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Would really like to see colours automatically added to the swatch panel. If I import a PDF with a spot colour or pantone it would be fantastic if Publisher (still HATE that name. Microsoft Publisher has a horrible reputation in print and you are starting out being associated with something people already hate) would see those colours and add to swatches so I can use it. This makes life so much easier. 

Oh and PLEASE add bleed option to the new document window. All you are doing is creating extra clicks for setting up a simple document. 

• 3 weeks later...

Improvements seem to be being made, but I think it's fairly obvious that the team is not "print design" oriented.  So many things that print designers rely on have been quirky or missing or handled drastically different between the family of apps.   It keeps you from being able to quickly and efficiently use them as a set of tools for professional design work.

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2018 at 3:31 PM, wonderings said:

Would really like to see colours automatically added to the swatch panel. If I import a PDF with a spot colour or pantone it would be fantastic if Publisher would see those colours and add to swatches so I can use it. This makes life so much easier. 

Yes please!

Often logos have specific colours defined in them, (spot or global cmyk) it would be good if those present in the pdf/eps file are automatically added to the document swatches panel. We wouldn't then have to recreate them with the possibility of getting them wrong!

14 hours ago, saharald said:

Export with bleed returns these awkward results. Not on all images, but half of them. How can this be avoided?

image.png.298a2314db5a5135b958a0cee77d403d.png

Are you applying any adjustments to the image?

A bug was reported a while back which impacted adjustments in the bleed area... not sure if that is still an "active" bug or not, but looks to me like that might be in play here...

6 minutes ago, saharald said:

running 1.7.1

Are you from the future?

6 minutes ago, saharald said:

could I get some cutting marks as well?

I believe that gets set in the print dialog, not sure if it is available for export and don't have it in front of me at the moment...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.