You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 2/12/2020 at 11:32 AM, spinko said:

and because if you have to export as single page PDF's for web viewing you'll be screwed ....

Exactly. Some printers also request individual pages for some reason. We either need multipage support or AT LEAST the ability to independently change the size of facing pages

On 2/10/2020 at 11:05 PM, MikeW said:

While QXP can have X number of spreads/pages side by side, one cannot at this time have pages of differing widths in a single layout. That feature is on the horizon, but it is not here yet.

As I remember X <= 7. Or, maybe, the total width of the page spread must not be greater the total width of maximum page width allowed by QXP.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Meanwhile, I edited my post.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 4:43 PM, dominik said:

If you take a little moment to think a little different you will find out that it is possible to create a 3 page folder in APub, just not with three pages. Use one page instead and set up your folds with guides.

...and manually add centre crop marks in the bleed.

Multiple page spreads with multiple sizes options in each spread is a requirement nowadays. One can do that just fine in Designer using artboards. I very much like how artboards work in Designer and something along those lines would be great for Publisher.

• 4 weeks later...

I would really like to see this feature, too. I work on a lot of titles that are published as PDF and ePubs, offset printed, and then need to be made available in both hardcover and softcover via print on demand.

Having a single page for front covers is the most efficient way to get a consistent export for stores/websites that want the front cover only, and a three-page-spread with the spine as the page makes it easy to create multiple spreads based on an approved cover and quickly adjust the spine and other elements when printing with slightly different spine dimensions and/or full cover wrap.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree. I use it in InDesign a lot, 'cause I design a bunch of book covers every day (a half of them with 5 pages, including flaps). Lot easier to work and less prone to errors than working with a ruled page. I have a lot of clients that almost NEVER make symetrical designs 'cause they doesn't adjust the rules to the correct measures (they work with illustrator, poor boys...).

One MUST.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Jose Alvarez said:

But this feature is in it, or not?? That's what's important...

Hi @Jose Alvarez,

how can anyone know if it's on the list if only a few people (inside Serif) know??

Generally we can assume that Serif is aware of most of the features of a fully equiped publishing program. It's a matter of priorities in development (and perhaps marketing) how these features are developed and included.

I want to point you to an older thread that clearly states (by a Serif representative) that more than two page spreads may take some longer time to be included:

I personally do not consider this as a drawback because I create book covers or folders on single spreads set up with guides. I admit adjusting the width of the spine of a book cover, if need be, takes a little more time and effort.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 2/10/2020 at 2:05 PM, MikeW said:

While QXP can have X number of spreads/pages side by side, one cannot at this time have pages of differing widths in a single layout. That feature is on the horizon, but it is not here yet.

Just a follow-up to my post...

QXP 2020 now has the ability to have variable size pages side by side.

Still don't know whether I'll use them, though. Well, other than testing to see how well it works, I'll wait until I build something that can make use of them and likely use it once...

Hi @dominik!

Well, I thinked @Oval knew that list 😉

I have read the @Ash post. He put it black over white, more than 2 pages spreads is not a priority. But I agree with @Raymondo, some features are a must if you try to assault the pro market. 

Do you know Scribus project? It's a open source, the free PLP lider program, now in 1.5 version. It's Python scriptable and have more than 2 pages per spread feature. And, for me, Affinity Publisher is 100 times better than Scribus (yes, in open source projects a lot of people help to develop features...). 

That said, we, Affinity buyers, can only wait to that features be implemented, and keep using InDesign until then for the projects that need it. And I can say that I have a lot of them that need scripting to save time... and money.

13 minutes ago, Jose Alvarez said:

Do you know Scribus project? It's a open source, the free PLP lider program, now in 1.5 version. It's Python scriptable and have more than 2 pages per spread feature. And, for me, Affinity Publisher is 100 times better than Scribus (yes, in open source projects a lot of people help to develop features...). 

That said, we, Affinity buyers, can only wait to that features be implemented, and keep using InDesign until then for the projects that need it. And I can say that I have a lot of them that need scripting to save time... and money.

Hi @Jose Alvarez,

I very little know Scribus. From what I know it has a much longer development time than APub, even though open source projects tend to get developed at a slower pace.

I am very confident that we will see spreads with different page sizes at some point. But I doubt this will happen soon.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

9 minutes ago, dominik said:

I am very confident that we will see spreads with different page sizes at some point. But I doubt this will happen soon.

I agree.

We must not forget, at this price, Affinity Suit is a bargain. We're demanding a Ferrari at the price of a Lada. 

But, curiously, Serif PagePlus X9, the Affinity previous DTP, have multipages spreads, a kind of data merge and is scriptable... The three things I think Publisher need right now. So Affinity guys knows how to do it. Maybe it's a matter of development time, they had a time target to launch the app and then implement more features.

Only they knows.