You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I successfully installed it but it will not open despite warning me that there may be UI and performance issues because I refuse to use Windows Aero.  I'm sure my workstation is plenty powerful enough to bypass these problems.

Any chance of making the warning a warning, not just a refusal to launch the program?

2x Xeon E5-2630v3 (8 core, 2.4GHz Base), 64GB RAM, Quadro K4200, Windows 7 Enterprise.

tannerjohnso1,

I still use Windows 7 Pro, and don't like or use Aero.  When Photo and Designer were published I bought both, and was lucky to come across the command line addition option that Leigh mentioned above.  Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to use the apps.

As Leigh also mentioned, there is no support if you use this option, but I haven't had any problems with either app (so far).  I do wish Aero wasn't a requirement, but I'm fine with using this workaround to be able to use the software.

A computer once beat me at chess.  Turns out, however, it was no match for me at kickboxing...

2 minutes ago, tannerjohnso1 said:

@CodeDog The command line option seems to work for Publisher as well.  My personal laptop (with Win10) is my primary but with little time to use it lately, my work computer is the best option for playing with the beta.

Yes, I forgot to mention that I had already downloaded the Publisher Beta and used the option there also.  Works fine.  I have a couple Windows 10 (and 8) systems to stay current for tech support, but my primary work/production systems are still Win 7.  Just like the way it works...

A computer once beat me at chess.  Turns out, however, it was no match for me at kickboxing...