You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I hope we can get an ETA for it soon.😊

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Ryzen 7 5700U Rx Vega 8 graphics 

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Acer KB202 27in 1080p monitor

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.2 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.2 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.2 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

Beta builds as they come out.

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black

Also, has Affinity considered how Scripting might need an extended Beta or be part of more than one beta cycle? I can envision with such a complex feature set that there is going to be far more feedback and initial issues than a typical feature release. It seems that it would likely be beneficial if an extended preview is available in some form to iterate on before finalizing.

It will need more time no doubt for testing, with most probably many thousands of lines code that were written to make it possible to script, will need more time to weed out the bugs from it.

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Ryzen 7 5700U Rx Vega 8 graphics 

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Acer KB202 27in 1080p monitor

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.2 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.2 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.2 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

Beta builds as they come out.

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black

Yes, I'm thinking also beyond testing and typical bugs there are potentially areas that might need different approaches for the "We didn't think of that" type of use cases. Things that might require changes in the API. Good to have a preview early enough to sort those things out.

16 hours ago, Tim France said:

We've also been re-evaluating the high level JS layers to make sure they were intuitive and usable.

That's great to hear Tim👌. This will make the code nice and tidy.

The APi should be like 🎻not like a 🔨 

On 4/9/2024 at 9:34 AM, bbrother said:

That's great to hear Tim👌. This will make the code nice and tidy.

The APi should be like 🎻not like a 🔨 

Nowadays I think any API should be the one ChatGPT could understand  and work with . Whatever it may require.     I am switching to Blender from 3dmax just because Chat writes not just scripts but whole working addons for Blender   while when I try to do it for 3d max  nothing ever worked.