ecca

Flow imported text across multiple pages (long doc)

Oh boy, I have so been looking forward to this app finally being available! 

I can't install the beta until tomorrow to experiment and the videos at this stage don't mention it, but can we place imported long text and have it flow to (ideally auto-inserted) 'next pages' until all of it is placed? I'd hate to have to produce a 400-page book by drawing and linking each text box, page by page. Fingers crossed ...

I hope so. I have not found the way to import a long doc (.doc) across multiple pages. I also had to link each text frame in every page. Too bad.

Neither I was able to drag a doc file from Windows Explorer. Is it possible ?

4 minutes ago, jjk said:

I also had to link each text frame in every page.

Shift + double-click on the text frame link symbol will make new frames of the same dimensions as the current one on subsequent and new pages until the oveflowing story fits in the frames created. Alt_ double-click adds one frame of the same dimension on a subsequent (new) page and flows the story into it. 

Getting the long story into the frame in the first place (.doc import) is not available yet.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

In saying "yet" regarding .doc import, I assume you mean that will be available. Also need plain text import.

When importing a file, pages should be created automatically, with the imported text auto-flowing from one to the next (as they do now with shift double-click.