You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tear-off main tools palette

Hi,

A simple request, I'd like to be able to tear off the main tools palette, so that it's not part of the document window. I'm super impressed at how much of the UI can be undocked - it makes life with a triple display system (main document display, with portrait displays on each side for palettes) much more productive, but if I could get that tool palette out in its own window, that'd be really sweet.

Looking good from the POV of an old Quark & InDesign operator.

Okay, I had the same problem and found this posting. I undocked. Then tried dragging to dock it to the right side and make in ONE ROW hopefully. No such luck. THEN, I saw it .. try?... a black line the same size as a one row dock shows up behind the double row dock.  So it must be in the works. Mark this down as a bug. 

Edit: I just found the option to make it one row.  Nice... can't make it dock on the right yet. 

Edited by BLKay
found one solution to part of the problem