You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wonder if Affinity have similar to Xara features?

1. Ability to work with bitmaps , Easily crop and cut them into pieces,  feather edges. ?

2, Quick way to replace all bitmap objects having the same origin file with a new origin one  or maybe just have a live connection to the outside file?

3. Some way to tag objects to be then easily selected . A name tags (Xara way)  or maybe  color tags ( photoshop way)

Not exactly Xara features:

4.   layer compositions like Photoshop  ones. A way to make a few named design variants, quickly switchable   ( maybe by over-mentioned tags)

5.   advanced compositing ( blending)  modes.

6. 16 bit per color support  working with adjusttment layers

7. non-destructive masks  live connected to other objects  ?

Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo.... I suggest heading over to the affinity web site and download the demo.

Answers to your question.

1. yes

2. yes

3. N/A

4. Layers yes

5. Yes

6. yes

7. yes

• 3 weeks later...

Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo.... I suggest heading over to the affinity web site and download the demo.

Answers to your question.

4. Layers yes

In big files with many layers I am using the layer compositions in PSD quite often. Actually I would not know how to work without this feature in some files. Any chance to bring this feature into Affinity?

So far I am doing my first steps in the software and am very impressed by the speed!!! Nice!

• 3 months later...

Don't know the point of this other than to discuss abilities as Xara is a very capable Windows only program for graphic, photo and web design that I have loaded on my Windows computer. Affinity has a nice display good clean layout, but haven't been under the hood long enough to tell how it matches up against Xara. One thing Xara has is hard copy users manual, and years of tutorials on vector and bitmap topics as well as web page generation. I hope the pace of Affinity's progress will out strip that of Xara and soon there will be hard copy user manuals that are well layed out and well written.