Hi - major important feature would have to be bleed view, being able to work out how much bleed is on one edge to the other is important in large exhibition / packaging projects.

Also be nice to be able to set bleeds up when setting new doc / page all in one place.

As long as you can not view the bleed, the app makes no sense to me. ¬¬

My  hopes were that with Affinity Publisher the "showing bleeds" comes to all Affinity Products.

This is an essential function in my opinion!

Yep, came to write this but found someone already pointed it out. This is very important. It would also be useful to have a button to cycle between "views" (for example deactivating margins, guides and bleeds, like W on indesign)

Agree. This is something sorely lacking still in Designer, and now in Publisher. Bleed guides are essential to me. 

Set up if required for reference: 

Intel i7 3.07GHz · 18GB DDR3 · HDD: 2x500GB · Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2048 - Dell U2515H (main) · Nvidia GTX 750 1048 - Cintiq 24HD (secondary) · Windows 10 (64) ·  Portable: Surface Pro 2 256GB

1 minute ago, Dave Harris said:

Bleed preview wasn't ready in time for the public beta, but it will be added soon.

Glad to hear it!

1 hour ago, kaiwienen said:

As long as you can not view the bleed, the app makes no sense to me. ¬¬

My  hopes were that with Affinity Publisher the "showing bleeds" comes to all Affinity Products.

This is an essential function in my opinion!

Yup...   handling of Bleeds has been what has kept me from adopting Affinity over Adobe for my 6 designers here.   Needs to be consistent and usable.   It's a necessary requirement for pro print work.

I hope so - as it stands, Publisher is of zero use to me without bleeds. I don't understand how the application (beta or not) was let out with one of the absolute must-have core functions absent.

Yes, I need to second this. Working with bleed is a must. 

I would like to point out to a minor bug regarding this. In the clip to canvas view, at certain zoom levels, the clipped canvas does not align perfectly. Minor annoyance, but irritating as is hard to know if you miss-aligned something or is rather showing wrong. Attached is an example of it

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 16.56.13.png

I have had no trouble using bleeds by just eyeballing the outside distance. Easy enough. Of course bleed guides make it easier though.

+1 to bleed preview and when setting up the document. Another feature that would be nice would be a lock for both bleed and margin so you only had to type it once.

On 8/30/2018 at 2:27 PM, Dave Harris said:

Bleed preview wasn't ready in time for the public beta, but it will be added soon.

Why wasn't it ready? Why is it still not 'ready' in Designer after more than 4 years? Does nobody at Serif have a clue why bleed is really important, especially in a page layout programme?

Like the previous people already said:

1. Show the bleed-box, always.

2. Let us set the bleed in the "New Document"-Window, just like the margin.

This is the only real "Dealbreaker" i've come so far in the beta. Thank you for beeing a real alternative to Indesign! If you can implement the Bleed-Functions properly you got about 8 new customers in the future :)