You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yep, came to write this but found someone already pointed it out. This is very important. It would also be useful to have a button to cycle between "views" (for example deactivating margins, guides and bleeds, like W on indesign)

Agree. This is something sorely lacking still in Designer, and now in Publisher. Bleed guides are essential to me. 

Set up if required for reference: 

Intel i7 3.07GHz · 18GB DDR3 · HDD: 2x500GB · Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2048 - Dell U2515H (main) · Nvidia GTX 750 1048 - Cintiq 24HD (secondary) · Windows 10 (64) ·  Portable: Surface Pro 2 256GB

1 hour ago, kaiwienen said:

As long as you can not view the bleed, the app makes no sense to me. ¬¬

My  hopes were that with Affinity Publisher the "showing bleeds" comes to all Affinity Products.

This is an essential function in my opinion!

Yup...   handling of Bleeds has been what has kept me from adopting Affinity over Adobe for my 6 designers here.   Needs to be consistent and usable.   It's a necessary requirement for pro print work.

Yes, I need to second this. Working with bleed is a must. 

I would like to point out to a minor bug regarding this. In the clip to canvas view, at certain zoom levels, the clipped canvas does not align perfectly. Minor annoyance, but irritating as is hard to know if you miss-aligned something or is rather showing wrong. Attached is an example of it

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 16.56.13.png

On 8/30/2018 at 2:27 PM, Dave Harris said:

Bleed preview wasn't ready in time for the public beta, but it will be added soon.

Why wasn't it ready? Why is it still not 'ready' in Designer after more than 4 years? Does nobody at Serif have a clue why bleed is really important, especially in a page layout programme?

Like the previous people already said:

1. Show the bleed-box, always.

2. Let us set the bleed in the "New Document"-Window, just like the margin.

This is the only real "Dealbreaker" i've come so far in the beta. Thank you for beeing a real alternative to Indesign! If you can implement the Bleed-Functions properly you got about 8 new customers in the future :)