You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't install Affinity Publisher (bug)

So here is what you do. Clean out the temp folder for your profile. Use Wise cleaner, Ccleaner or something like that and reboot. Before you load anything, load task manager, kill any startup programs that you don't need then try the install. If it does not work,, make sure it is not hung up in the task manager then RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. and see if that does it

Also check to see if it in fact created the program folder

Check to see if the install window is running behind everything else

Check permissions on everything and if you must add your self with full permissions EVEN IF you are in the ADMINISTRATORS group with full permissions

Just had an update of windows 10? Check permissions again. Remember, they are "improving" Windows 7 into the best phone app on the market (don't get me going)

Anyway, please post back and good luck

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• Staff

Hi mesbahworld, 

Do you have any log files form the install, as talked about in this post?  If so please send them over to me in a PM and i'll pass them onto the install guys tomorrow. 

@mariocluster If you can see this link: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/64511-165-installation-issues-faq/  The font issue is covered in Point 8.  I'd suggest following the advise from Microsoft and then re-running our installer and it should install okay.  If it's still failing, PM me any error logs you have and i'll get them looked at tomorrow :) 

Same problem here. Removed all registry entries, removed old version of Affinity Photo, manually removed all Affinity registry entries and files on the WIndows boot drive, and nothing works. Both Photo and Publisher refuse to be installed. I check the processes in Process Explorer, and both installers start up, and after a few seconds exit.

I installed two other applications today, and no problems there. So something must be wrong with the Affinity installers, or at the very least these installers are checking something that others don't.

I'm having the same issue on WIN10. Installer of AP BETA 1.7.0.57 simply does not run (or hangs).

Bones suggested deleting ' non-essential fonts' . The only fonts I have on my system are the fonts I either want or need. No way am I going to cripple my work setup to accommodate a badly mannered installer. Whether or not there is a work around  this problem speaks of a product not yet ready for market.

Also had installation issues with the old Serif Publisher in later versions which I paid for but could never get to install. 

After checking my fonts for obvious problems (invalid characters in names, bad timestamps) and not finding any issues, I went with Bones' solution - deleted every font I could remember downloading. And it worked! Thanks for the advice.

That said, having extra fonts (even imperfect ones) on a user's computer seems like a reasonable assumption about Affinity users. No big deal for the Publisher beta, but my Photo wouldn't update because of this problem too.

I get this in UILog

Startup: 02-Sep-18 2:20:16 PM
ProductName: Publisher
ProductType: Public Beta
Opening HKLM
Opening registry key: SOFTWARE\Serif\Affinity\Publisher\1
    Failed
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any help @stokerg ?

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.