You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI problems. Dialogs / sliders stay on screen

• Staff

@uwe99 & @manicquin

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Uwe99, I have merged your post into this thread on the topic

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@Gim

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

I have moved your post into this thread where it has been reported a number of times, thank you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

The open, save, export dialogboxes on mac are MODAL SHEETS as in "NSSavePanel". https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nssavepanel

When having such a dialog sheet open, you are making important decisions for filename or place, sometimes you want to drag it to the side to look at your document.

You don't want to cancel all the input.  But modal sheets are always centred and pinned to the window top which is annoying. 

Interestingly while in this state you can still click besides and accidentally change the colour of an object in this version of AP?!?

And the toolbars obscure the save buttons? That's at least a bug, I would say!

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

On 9/5/2018 at 10:03 AM, Vicillus said:

Just to confirm sliders remain on screen even in other apps, but also they remain active and affect the open publisher doc even when it does not have focus.

It seems fixed in the just released 17.0.58 beta.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.