You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI problems. Dialogs / sliders stay on screen

• Staff

@Jonashellsen

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums and thanks for confirming this issue happens for you too. This has been reported to the development team

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Publisher Beta peeps,

There's some huge potential with this application. Love it!

Here's a bug I found though:

PDF Export menu/More options - using the sliders to change DPI and JPEG compression results in the sliders remaining sticky EVERYWHERE. They appear on the screen at the top layer after closing the dialog box and continuing to work. I'm in Chrome right now typing this and the sliders are floating in place above Chrome's open window.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 9.22.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 11.30.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 9.22.16 AM.png

• Staff

@Troutmagnet

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

I have merged your post into this thread, and this has already been reported to the developers. Thanks for your help.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 6/10/2014 at 8:05 AM, MattP said:

Hi, I'm Matt Priestley and I'm one of the Affinity developers. I'll try to help out on any topic, but particularly anything relating to tools, views and document drawing as they're the bits I'm mostly responsible for writing.

Feel free to join me and introduce yourself, too! :)

Hi Matt.  MHB(Mike) here.   Noticed a bug in the Opacity Slide Controller.  After use, it does not disappears.  Stays on the surface.  In fact, it stays over, for example, my Mail program!  Won't reset now for other use.

opacity issue.afphoto

Hello there,

I'm already a big fan of affinity designer and photo, so I couldn't wait to try publisher as well. 

So.. I'm "experimenting" few things and I noticed  that there is a little bug regarding the opacity tool. I have used it for regulating the opacity of an image I wanted to put as background and since then it does not leave my screen anymore. It just got stuck on the screen. I have attached a screenshot. It does not bother a lot but I'd say it is better to fix it :)

Thanks for your work guys! Much much appreciated.

Sofi

Schermata 2018-08-31 alle 19.36.29.png

• Staff

@MHB & @Sofi.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

@MHB

I moved your post from the Welcome thread to this relevant thread in the Publisher bugs on Mac forum. Feel free to go back to that thread and introduce yourself properly if you wish

@Sofi.

I moved your post to this relevant thread hope that's ok

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Noticed a problem in the printing side of things.  When you want to print an AF file that is opened, Print Preview shows the page as blank and also prints blank.  When saved as a PDF, it prints just fine.

On 8/30/2018 at 11:37 PM, Jonashellsen said:

EBA58656-62E0-45EE-BF40-467772F57BB2.png

Had same issue (slider staying on screen) when changing Preferences > Point decimal places. Slider wouldn't close when moving to another field, nor after closing dialog (slider remained on screen) until I closed Publisher and reopened.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.