You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

58 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

We have rewritten some of the hyphenation routines for the next release, and I would be grateful if all the participants can retest hyphenation once the NEXT beta build (so one with a build number higher than .133) is available. Thank you. If there are still problems can you make new threads with sample files, as this one has so many participants.

Will do

On 9/26/2018 at 5:40 PM, Patrick Connor said:

We have rewritten some of the hyphenation routines for the next release, and I would be grateful if all the participants can retest hyphenation once the NEXT beta build (so one with a build number higher than .133) is available. Thank you.

Good news... I will test. Thank you

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

A few days ago I finally bought Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 and tried to make a simple document in Polish. It quickly turned out I had some serious problems with the spellchecker and hyphenation. I've already downloaded and installed in the right folder the GitHub libraries with the Polish dictionary (all three files as advised here), but nothing seems to work in my case (both spellcheck and hyphenation still don't work). Any ideas? It's a pity that Affinity Publisher, which is supposed to be the next-gen software for publishers, doesn't support all European languages by default.

• Staff

Hi mokry,
Welcome to Affin its Forums :)
Assuming the files were correctly installed (see here for instructions - scroll down a little to the Installing hyphenation dictionaries section), have you configured the Spelling/Hyphenation in the Language section in the Character Panel? Does Polish appear there?

Check this FAQ for additional details.

Hi MEB,

I have configured the Spelling/Hyphenation both in the Language section of the Character Panel and in the Paragraph Panel (also checked it in the Preferences). The only thing that happens with the text is that now it is displayed as underlined with a red line, but no hyphenation at all.  I've checked the FAQ for installing dictionaries in Publisher, but still the same problem.

Hi mokry,
if you attached screenshots together with text palettes, it would be easier to help. Did you select the "Use auto-hypenation" option in the "Hypenation" palette? This is a frequently overlooked step. Maybe this thread will help you: 

Also look at the attached screenshot.

hypenation.jpg

Hi guys,

My first download of the files was from GitHub (nothing worked with these files). Today I've downloaded the files from the official website of LibreOffice

LibreOffice Polish Dictionary

And then a miracle happened, both the spellchecker and hyphenation in Publisher started to work seamlessly xD ;-) I can't tell you why those files from GitHub didn't work.

Thank you guys for all your help with this tricky problem.

Cheers!

screen 4.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.