You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Im I missing something?

Did someone manage to get hyphenation to work?

I set spelling, hyphenation, … in the character panel to „German“, switched on hyphenation in the paragraph style, but nothing happens.

Will the necessary libraries only be part of the release version?

I'm sorry, I did not notice it was a 'Mac' topic. I moved to the 'Win' topic.

A solution for implementing the Polish dictionary. Download the files downloaded from https://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/src/5.1.3/all/libreoffice-dictionaries-5.1.3.2.tar.xz?idx=2 and place them in the place shown in the screenshot. You can probably use this method for other languages.

Zrzut ekranu (21).png

Zrzut ekranu (22).png

Zrzut ekranu (23).png

German works.

Make sure at each language section in your text style it is set to German. There is a bug in the last language setting--the Hyphenation Language will revert to no change.

Set the score lower. Basically I just set it to 1 right now.

23 hours ago, pgraficzny said:

A solution for implementing the Polish dictionary. Download the files downloaded from https://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/src/5.1.3/all/libreoffice-dictionaries-5.1.3.2.tar.xz?idx=2 and place them in the place shown in the screenshot. You can probably use this method for other languages.

Thanks for tip. Tried on macOS with czech language, not succesfull.

EDIT: after few restarts, it's working now. But hyphneation really really need some aditional work as mentioned already.

5 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

You are right @MikeW. Hyphenation is working, but really really bad!

Try to hyphen „Rolltreppe“, it won’t work. You have to insert a soft hyphen.

By the way: If Publisher would use macOS’ hyphenation support, it would do the job! :)

Did you try setting the Score to 1? Pardon the squigglies. I should have shut that off for the screen shot.

capture-002169.png.1641abe55db98e44a1bb93c3cdf16d45.png

The other settings matter, too.

But yes, Hyphenation needs some serious work.

17 hours ago, pgraficzny said:

Works for me too on Mac! Thanx to pgraficzny.

1247229910_Screenshot2018-08-31at07_31_40.thumb.png.2bed459ca5e811fbc72e736e281d0fed.png

Zrzut ekranu (21).png

Zrzut ekranu (22).png

Zrzut ekranu (23).png

iMac: 3,6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 / Graphic: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB / System: Sonoma 14.1 (23B74)

No luck with Galician language. I was able to create a /gl-ES directory in /Contents/Resources/Dictionaries, the language appears in the list of possible hyphenation languages but it doesn't work (even with score=1). Curiosly, if I replace the hyph_gl_ES.dic file with the Spanish file (in the /gl-ES directory), that fake Galician hyphenation works. Any suggestion?

On 8/31/2018 at 1:33 AM, Pedrober said:

No luck with Galician language. I was able to create a /gl-ES directory in /Contents/Resources/Dictionaries, the language appears in the list of possible hyphenation languages but it doesn't work (even with score=1). Curiosly, if I replace the hyph_gl_ES.dic file with the Spanish file (in the /gl-ES directory), that fake Galician hyphenation works. Any suggestion?

Pedrober,

Does this look right to you? I do not read/understand the language so I have no idea if even the web pages I copied from were correct!

capture-002183.png.0bf5a13a7a6380ea5ed94cf184cadbc7.png

2 hours ago, Pedrober said:

Mike,

Thank you very much for your message. Your first quotation is a medieval text. The last one is modern Galician. Everything is OK. How do you get that result? Brilliant! Maybe the problem could be linked to the fact I am a Mac user?

I'll upload a zip file. Back up your files, download the zip. The zip will contain a folder with the three files. If the folder name is the same as your present folder name, just copy the files it contains into your folder. If the folder name is different, delete your folder and copy the folder out of the zip containing the files into the dictionary folder.

It will be uploaded in a few minutes as I'm away from the computer right now. 

Uploaded the ZIP file...

gl_ES.zip

Edited by MikeW
Added ZIP file

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

We have rewritten some of the hyphenation routines for the next release, and I would be grateful if all the participants can retest hyphenation once the NEXT beta build (so one with a build number higher than .133) is available. Thank you. If there are still problems can you make new threads with sample files, as this one has so many participants.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.