You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher beta installation issue on Windows 7

Hi guys, just tried to install it under Windows 10, and the installer didn't even start. It asked me for permission to install, I granted and nothing happened after that. Downloaded the installer again, didn't work. Restarted the system and even that didn't work. Is there everything fine with the installer? 
I'll try at home later, too. The machine is up to date with an i7, 32gb of Ram and a Geforce 1070 GPU.

Can't wait to check Publisher out finally! :) 

3 hours ago, Mitsururgi said:

I'm unable to run it on Windows 7. I run it with administrator priviliges, and it shows that the program stopped working :(.

You run it with administrator rights, but did I install it with administrator rights?
Did you try to run with the Anti-Virus disabled?
I saw such a message, but in older programs, and the problem from what I remember is not from the side of the program.

1 hour ago, Adam Mierzwa said:

You run it with administrator rights, but did I install it with administrator rights?
Did you try to run with the Anti-Virus disabled?
I saw such a message, but in older programs, and the problem from what I remember is not from the side of the program.

Well Im trying to install it actually, so yes I tried to install it with administrator rights :).

I have installed it on window 10 Pro laptop I7 6700HQ with 16Gb and GTX 970 - no problems whatsoever.   First impressions is VERY NICE.  I know it beta but it would have been nice to try the personas for designer and photo.   Indesign pages also not implemented in beta.

2 hours ago, TheFlow said:

Hi guys, just tried to install it under Windows 10, and the installer didn't even start. It asked me for permission to install, I granted and nothing happened after that. Downloaded the installer again, didn't work. Restarted the system and even that didn't work. Is there everything fine with the installer? 
I'll try at home later, too. The machine is up to date with an i7, 32gb of Ram and a Geforce 1070 GPU.

Can't wait to check Publisher out finally! :) 

Running it here on a bleeding edge Win10 RC5, no issues whatsoever. Did you try installing it with admin rights?

Windows 11 - 23H2 ⊕ ASUS PRIME X670E-Pro ⊕ AMD Ryzen 9-7900X ⊕ Arctic Liquid Cooler II ⊕ 64GB RAM ⊕ OS SSD Samsung 980Pro 2Tb ⊕ Cache SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1Tb ⊕ Video HD WD Blue 4Tb ⊕ Geforce RTX 3060 12Gb ⊕ BenQ SW270C ⊕ Dell U2412M ⊕ Affinity Photo 2.3.x ⊕ Affinity Designer 2.3.x ⊕ Affinity Publisher 2.3.x

Hi Mitsurugi

In control panel under uninstall a program, could you go to turn Windows features on or off and turn off .NET 3.5. there is an issue in our installers across the board at the moment with this combined with certain fonts which we will hopefully have sorted within the next couple of build but this work around may allow you to install the app on your machine

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.