You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

opening .idml or .indd files should be possible

This is definitely a desirable feature. As a freelancer the ability for Photo and Designer to open PSD and AI files is very useful, and they can export the kind of files I need when working with clients. However if Publisher can't open (and more importantly, export InDesign files) then I don't know if this will be of any use to be for anything other than personal work. Clients often want editable (industry-standard) layout files - PDFs won't suffice.

mark-h and Alanmc, I absolutely agree. For a couple of weeks now I am checking out other options than Indesign, I was waiting for Publisher and now I feel it will be too late for me when the feature comes, I do need something in the very near future for some projects. Affinity already answered on Twitter they'd be having this feature on the list but, well, it will certainly take time ...

• Staff

Please continue this conversation in this similar pinned thread, thank you

this thread is now locked

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon