Data merge is an absolute must for me.

I have been waiting for Affinity Publisher for a while now.  I was planning that, once the full version of Affinity Publisher was available, I would bring my Adobe Creative Cloud membership to an end and move over to Affinity products completely.  But.........I make great use of data merge in InDesign (even if it doesn't always work very well!!!) and so not having data merge is a bit of a show stopper for me.

Adobe must know that InDesign's data merge is a fragile and I have been asking them for a long, long time to fix the problems they have with it but they turn the Adobe deaf ear in my direction.  Adobe seem to have turned their searchlight in the general direction of mobile applications and, to me at least, they seem to be doing much with their desktop offerings (please feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong).

And so, I have very high hopes that Affinity Publisher will be a direct replacement for Adobe InDesign.  Please, Affinity, let us have data merge in Affinity Publisher and my cup will surely overflow.

Richard

☑️+1 vote for data merge!

I don't trust Excel for positioning and measurement, and I regularly need to print a list of small messages on same size labels of paper.  Affinity Publisher with Data Merge would be my tool of choice for it (doing it the good old copy-and-paste way in Designer until then).

I can not believe you don't have Data merge in the core of your product. I really hope that after 6 pages of comments you will implement it.

Did I mentioned that I opened an account specially to be able to say:

+1 for this. This was the first thing I looked for when I opened Publisher. Merge with data from csv file.

Thanks,

Luigi

They are holding off the initial release to include more features we want (from the update email that just came out). Hopefully, this thread makes clear that this is an indispensable part of what designers want/need to work in Publisher.

On 12/26/2018 at 6:53 AM, debiant said:

Hopefully, this thread makes clear that this is an indispensable part of what designers want/need to work in Publisher.

I suspect they already knew that to be the case for some users.  Personally I don't use it at all right now though I can easily see potential use cases for it in the future.

They won't get everything that is considered "essential" by everyone into the first release.  I would be more inclined to suspect it is master page functionality they are primarily delaying for, but obviously I don't know that for sure.

When is Data merge going to be implemented in to Publisher? This is the biggest feature that I need especially when producing 300 certificates a year.

I already have Photo and Designer just need to have Publisher with Data merge then I will have the Holy Trinity.

6 minutes ago, bigfoot said:

When is Data merge going to be implemented in to Publisher? This is the biggest feature that I need especially when producing 300 certificates a year.

I already have Photo and Designer just need to have Publisher with Data merge then I will have the Holy Trinity.

Perhaps what I describe in the following thread re certificates would work while merging is not yet implemented?

Mike

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

:) Data Merge would be a huuuuuuge boon, as InDesign already stopped developing their (flawed, buggy) data merge feature.

It is absolutely essential to quite some (smaller) design firms, as it saves time that bigger companies can spend through manpower or programming/coding expertise

I'm not usually one for jumping on the +1 train but data merge of some sort is super important for so many things we do in education. Like many others have said there are hundreds of use cases for this feature.