Still waiting to pension off InDesign and other CS programmes but it all turns on Data Merge.  Data Merge central to our workflows.  Given the number of requests for it here, can't believe the Affinty Publisher design team aren't responding.

Listen up Affinity Publisher team!

Richard

I have to keep my old PagePlus X9 just so that I can do Mail Merge jobs. 

(and, occasionally, to open PDF files with embedded fonts that Affinity can't open correctly!)

2 hours ago, Richard Broom said:

Given the number of requests for it here, can't believe the Affinty Publisher design team aren't responding.

They generally do not respond to feature requests, but they actually did respond to this one a few times:

etc.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:18 PM, fde101 said:

They generally do not respond to feature requests, but they actually did respond to this one a few times: 

etc.

Yes they did but not to any satisfaction of the people requesting  this feature for the past two years.

It would be nice if the affinity developer team took this huge  community needing this feature seriously.

-pp-

Hi petrpastor,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
We do take community feedback seriously but it doesn't mean we can fulfil all requests as soon/fast as people would like - even in two years. Affinity Publisher is on its infancy. There's still various areas that need some work (integration with the other two apps, file presets/templates, linked/embedded file management, PDF import/export improvements, preflight etc (besides bugs to fix) until we can add more features. As explained several times we have limited resources compared to other known companies and are also developing a design/vector application and RAW developer/photo editing app at the same time for three different platforms alongside with Publisher, not Publisher alone. All this requires time. I think the teams have achieved quite a lot considering some years ago there was nothing at all. Please bear with us.