You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Free Beta Available NOW

• Staff
7 minutes ago, Tom Schülke said:

Will this work in the future ?  Will we have import end export functionality to indesign ?

There is no definitive answer to this. We will look into adding this functionality but it is clearly not straightforward to do until we support the same primitives or can convert.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Installed without any issues at all.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

(...) Before the end of August...Truly. )))

Congrats and thanks !

PS. W/out ind/idml import/export I won't risk doing serious tasks on a beta though...but suppose its still ahead, good luck !

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM

A very big thank you guys! You are awesome :)

Maybe the wrong threat but maybe one edit point:

- Snap Function: A text-frame filled with text with columns and an object that repels the text. It would be great if it will be possible to snap to the column-lines in the middle. 

Again: Thank You very much. You rock!

Hi Guys,

Watched all the videos and great stuff.

However, I've been playing around with the text and can't see a way to align drop caps - in some fonts I would like to move them up or down a little.

Also, when creating a text frame and using filler text 2 left clicks selects it all, but I am unable to select individual paragraphs, words or letters.

I can't find a bugs thread so posted this here. Excuse me if they is the wrong place.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Thanks Patrick, downloading now

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

5 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

The Affinity Publisher 1.7 free public beta is now available for Mac and Windows.

Please go to the Affinity Publisher page and press the "Download for Free Now" button to add it to an affinity store basket.

Hello Affinity Team!

Some minutes ago I have just download and installed the new Publisher Beta on my desktop (WIndows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-7700K, 32Gb Ram DDR4 3000Mhz, Nvidia Gtx 1080 Ti overclocked).

All seems to be fine but when I try to switch to vector or photo persona I get these messages :

"Vector Persona: A compatible version of Affinity Designer is required"

"Photo Persona: A compatible version of Affinity Photo is required"

I've got the latest 1.6.5.123 version both for Designer and Photo.

What I have to do? Am I missing something ?

Regards.

Marco (mkdm)

19 minutes ago, mkdm said:

"Vector Persona: A compatible version of Affinity Designer is required"

"Photo Persona: A compatible version of Affinity Photo is required"

I've got the latest 1.6.5.123 version both for Designer and Photo.

What I have to do? Am I missing something ?

This only works if AD and AP have version 1.7 (like APub). But that is not yet the case.

is it just me or is the ZOOM tool not working as expected? tried doing a left click and it does not behave like designer/photo. Tried holding left click and making a selection using the zoom tool it is behaving correctly.

also missing a connection to a stock website?

Thank you very much for this Beta Version and that you made it happen :)
Installation went without Problems and my first impression is that it works well (WIN 10, latest Version).
I was a little bit sad that i can´t open InDesign (.indd) Files with it, they are not shown in the list (dropdown Menu if i want to open a file) of supported files. I know that Affinity said that it will be possilble or am i wrong?
But it´s an early Beta and i hope that it will be possible in the next times.

But you have done a great job with the development of publisher and i will continue testing and report :)

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

Just installed after receiving the email So, so pleased. Thank you Serif!! I purchased Adobe cs6. Could not get round InDesign as easy as Seif PagePlus, which I have used in sequence in from PageMaker to PagePlus since 1985. Affinity publisher does not read old PagePlus, but it did read all my saved .PDF's from PagePlus. All my books and projects are now up to date. Very happy. Oh, hello all.

1 hour ago, Rossjackson01 said:

Just installed after receiving the email So, so pleased. Thank you Serif!! I purchased Adobe cs6. Could not get round InDesign as easy as Seif PagePlus, which I have used in sequence in from PageMaker to PagePlus since 1985. Affinity publisher does not read old PagePlus, but it did read all my saved .PDF's from PagePlus. All my books and projects are now up to date. Very happy. Oh, hello all.

I was very pleased to find that copy and paste of text between PagePlus and AP brought my test styles across and put them in the styles drop-down!

Thanks Serif :-)

Thanks Serif, looks like a very good software. Is a Publisher user since many, many years.

Some questions:
1. How about booklet Printing? I use A4 Landscape paper which print to a A5 booklet, 2-sided.

2. Drop shadow. For text and Pictures. Where do I find it?

3. Assets used in PagePlus 9. Could it be imported?

-Per

1. From the File menu: ‘Document Setup... > Layout tab > Facing pages’.

2. From the Layer menu: ‘Layer Effects... > Outer Shadow’ (or from the View menu, choose ‘Studio > Effects’ and enable the Outer Shadow effect there.

3. Place the assets on a PP page, and then either publish the entire page as PDF or export individual items to SVG for import into APub.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

1. From the File menu: ‘Document Setup... > Layout tab > Facing pages’.

2. From the Layer menu: ‘Layer Effects... > Outer Shadow’ (or from the View menu, choose ‘Studio > Effects’ and enable the Outer Shadow effect there.

3. Place the assets on a PP page, and then either publish the entire page as PDF or export individual items to SVG for import into APub.

Thanks.

1. Yes, I found that but how do I print it?
Try to print but I got only 1 page per A4and nothing like booklet.

-Per

7 minutes ago, Per Lind said:

Thanks.

1. Yes, I found that but how do I print it?
Try to print but I got only 1 page per A4and nothing like booklet.

-Per

In the Layout section of the Print dialog there’s a Model dropdown list, where one of the options is ‘Booklet’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

15 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

The Affinity Publisher 1.7 free public beta is now available for Mac and Windows.

Please go to the Affinity Publisher page and press the "Download for Free Now" button to add it to an affinity store basket.

Hello @Patrick Connor just downloaded my windows copy of Publisher beta bu the second time i clickd the program to start i received the message in the attached capture.

i don't know what i did but it's very embarrassing only i remember the download failed couples of time but it was for the MacOS version not the windows version.

Blessings !

Capture.PNG

PS: it redirects me to this link go.seriflabs.com/affinity-win-publisher-public-beta-update

that link is just not working and also redirect me to the forum but ... missing content page !
is there an update already ready to surface ? what is the mystake i may have made ?

Edited by Arnaud Mez
Link added for better clarity

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3