You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Free Beta Available NOW

• Staff

The Affinity Publisher 1.7 free public beta is now available for Mac and Windows.

Please go to the Affinity Publisher page and press the "Download for Free Now" button to add it to an affinity store basket.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you:)

Installation successful

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Congratulations :)

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

As some suspected,  Aff Pub does indeed have vector and photo personas which seem to link to Aff Des and Aff Photo. However, I get the message ''A compatible version of Affinity Designer/Photo is required''. Perhaps this means Des and Photo need updating to the same 1.7 version as Pub.

• Staff
3 minutes ago, iMatt said:

As some suspected,  Aff Pub does indeed have vector and photo personas which seem to link to Aff Des and Aff Photo. However, I get the message ''A compatible version of Affinity Designer/Photo is required''. Perhaps this means Des and Photo need updating to the same 1.7 version as Pub.

From the Publisher page...

We will have deep integration with our other apps (check out the persona buttons!) However, we need to push an update to Photo and Designer before this works - we’ll let you know when.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

Oh my goodness … :D

As Mae West famously remarked, “Goodness has nothing to do with it!”

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Is there a setting somewhere where I can use the mouse scroll to zoom in on the document rather than the page scrolling? And thank you to Serif for this long awaited part of the suite. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Woohoo, Happy beta release day Affinity team. 

I'm really looking forward to try it out. I put a little private project on hold because I wanted to do it with Publisher to give it a first shot with a real thing. 

System specs:

MacBook Pro: Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013

Processor: 3GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Just now, pioneer said:

Is there a setting somewhere where I can use the mouse scroll to zoom in on the document rather than the page scrolling?

yes, edit preferences tools

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Hey!

Just downloaded the beta and am, of course, overexcited by the prospect of buying the final version, once ready for release. Before it is, however, would it be possible to set up a text frame with a desired number of columns, rather than inserting x number of linked text frames (an InDesign trait that I miss, along with snappable columns on master pages)?

I'm really looking forward to playing around with this!

Cheers,
Jarle P
Norway

Thank you, missed it in my eagerness to play with the program. :-)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1