You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Free Beta Available NOW

• Staff

The Affinity Publisher 1.7 free public beta is now available for Mac and Windows.

Please go to the Affinity Publisher page and press the "Download for Free Now" button to add it to an affinity store basket.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
14 minutes ago, Oval said:

No support for 10.8.X in the future?!

This is a Mac App Store limitation, meaning only apps from the Mac App Store can use certain OS level functions. So technically the Mac App Store version will support 10.8.x now and hopefully keep working going forward too. We do not advertise it as a supported OS because the trial (not being from the Mac App store) does not work and also a few customers have the Mac version direct from Serif and that version (not being from the Mac App store) does not work on 10.8.x

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
12 minutes ago, Oval said:

So will there a suite (or a Affinity shop) version be available in the future?

It's currently the way we deliver partnered versions (like the 'bundle' with X-Rite). No firm decision has been taken about direct sales, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

2 hours ago, Oval said:

So will there a suite version be available in the future?

So the MAS Affinity Publisher will not fully work together with the purchased Affinity apps on ≥ 10.7? :(

The question with other words: Will there be an Affinity Suite App (with the code of all three apps) for ≥ 10.7 be available in MAS in the future?

Just wanted to say that I am impressed with (& a bit overwhelmed by!) how much this first public beta offers, as well as the first set of video tutorials.

Great work! :)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow! ;-)

A big well done to the team! Publisher is a really superb piece of work, with features way in advance of what I imagined you would be able to deliver in a first release (I remember the launch version of InDesign, and how far it was from Quark Xpress — Publisher, on the other hand, seems almost no distance away from InDesign). And I love the way you’ve implemented some of the features, too, with the panache we‘ve come to expect from Affinity.

I can imagine some pretty long faces in San Jose this morning. Just please don‘t let Adobe buy you out because you’re killing their revenue stream!

• Staff
2 hours ago, Oval said:

Will there be an Affinity Suite App (with the code of all three apps) for ≥ 10.7 be available in MAS in the future?

If I understand you correctly yes. We are not selling the Mac version ourselves directly yet, but if we did we would sell on the MAS as well. Affinity Publisher sold from the MAS should work on 10.7.x (unless we need some functionality that OS does not provide). So the suite from the MAS on 10.7.x is something I can see happening, yes. Is that what you meant?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Thank you for your ongoing process in delivering stunning applications with Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

Please keep support for older versions (e.g. 10.9) for the release version, and for the near future. My life depends on it!

WOW !!! Awesome !

Thank you !!!

First impressions, very slick and very intuitive !
Well done to everyone involved, it was well worth the wait.

I can't wait to see this app evolve and take over the No1 spot from InDesign in the same way Adobe did when Quark got too greedy.

This is the start of another most excellent Affinity adventure! 
It appears to be worth the wait too!

I hope Beta users spend a few minutes going through your video tutorials as it will cut down on the number of inane posts here! The tutorial videos certainly explain about some of the features asked about already (i.e. personna, Affinity app integration etc) as well as gives those with some publishing background a quick and easy reference as to some of the key, basic features of Publisher.

A huge round of applause coming from this keyboard for the folks at Affinity! :D

• Staff
3 minutes ago, T Real said:

Being that it's Beta level software - how about a sticky post on how to properly report bugs?

@T Real

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. @Chris_K is this something you would like to do?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.