You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Compatibility with Graphtec cutters/plotters

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Graphtec Studio and the Affinity Designer software.  Due to Adobe Illustrator's pervasiveness throughout the industry, our corporate office includes a plug-in for it.  For other software companies who wish to write drivers for Graphtec products, they may submit a request to our corporate office to receive a Software Development Kit.  The link is here:
http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/software/sdk/index.html

You may want to contact the Affinity software company to see if they are interested in developing drivers for Graphtec products and provide them with the link.  If they receive enough requests, they might be willing to write the drivers.

Best regards,

Neil Zdunkawicz
Graphtec America, Inc.
949-770-6010 

I may be the only one for now but here is my request for this to happen sometime in the near future.  I'd even be willing to donate to a kickstarter program if that would help.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I sure wish that there was a better solution.  SignCut Pro is an option too but their support is horrible!  They have been promising a new version of their signcut program but I have a feeling that after seeing Affinity Designer, their software isn't going to be any good at designing anything worth while.  I have not received any information as to what PDF engine that they use or plan on using in the future.  MAC users need a good solution for cutter support.  

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi @badbanterer, welcome to the forums!

A response from Graphtec appears to have been included in the first post on this thread.

Serif generally does not respond to feature requests.  Sometimes they do, but normally they do not.  They do read them.

If they were going to implement this we would most likely find out when it showed up in a beta.

• 3 months later...

90% of the business in the shop I work for is vehicle related. Roughly 60% of that work requires cutting on plotters. I absolutely support this feature and it has already been discussed here that if the option were to become available, we would dump support for other design packages.