You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer for iPad - 1.6.4 (& 1.6.3 + 1.6.2)

Patrick Connor

• Staff

Hi,

We are pleased to announce the App Store release of Affinity Designer for iPad, version 1.6.4 (& 1.6.3)

The changes in 1.6.4 (over 1.6.3) is as follows :

• Support for new iPad Pro 3 12.9" and 11".
  • Support for Apple Pencil 2 inc double tap

The single change in 1.6.3 (over 1.6.2) is as follows :

• Import of graphic styles (.afstyles files) has been fixed.

To avoid a potentially lengthy beta process that is all that is included in this release.

The change-list for 1.6.2 (over 1.6.1) is as follows and is essentially made to improve the apps performance :

• Fix for artefacts at the end of long strokes with pressure applied.
  • Fix for incorrect opacity of objects with raster enclosure mask.
  • Show currently selected colour context in the Colour Studio button and raster brush tool context bars.
  • Put the vector brush categories back to their correct names how they were for 1.6.0 (affects new installations only).
  • a few minor memory leaks and fixes.

The (missing) release notes for the previous Affinity Designer for iPad (build 1.6.1) are

• Added option to disable 'Cache screen updates' for users who are experience graphical corruption during use.
  • "Ungroup All" doesn't function the same as the desktop.
  • Correct file type when dragging documents to Files/Affinity Photo.
  • Default 'Background' export slice is not correctly named on document creation.
  • Help for "Pressure sensitivity" shows "Grids".

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 8/29/2018 at 12:12 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Hi,

We are pleased to announce the App Store release of Affinity Designer for iPad, version 1.6.2

The small change-list is as follows and is essentially made to improve the apps performance :

• Fix for artefacts at the end of long strokes with pressure applied.
  • Fix for incorrect opacity of objects with raster enclosure mask.
  • Show currently selected colour context in the Colour Studio button and raster brush tool context bars.
  • Put the vector brush categories back to their correct names how they were for 1.6.0 (affects new installations only).
  • a few minor memory leaks and fixes.

To avoid a potentially lengthy beta process that is all that is included in this release.

The (missing) release notes for the previous Affinity Designer for iPad (build 1.6.1) are

• Added option to disable 'Cache screen updates' for users who are experience graphical corruption during use.
  • "Ungroup All" doesn't function the same as the desktop.
  • Correct file type when dragging documents to Files/Affinity Photo.
  • Default 'Background' export slice is not correctly named on document creation.
  • Help for "Pressure sensitivity" shows "Grids".

Curious. Did you somehow automatically update this on my iPad. It says it was updated today, but I do not remember updating it.

Is there a setting to turn off auto updates? I have been burned in the past by this.

• Staff

All iPad apps have one setting somewhere in the iPad store 

When you start using the app it updates automatically (if the setting is on) so just running any iPad store app is enough. I don't know if this setting can be changed per application (I do not think it can) and once updated it is not possible to get earlier versions. This is all Apples standard processes and out of our control 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

All iPad apps have one setting somewhere in the iPad store 

When you start using the app it updates automatically (if the setting is on) so just running any iPad store app is enough. I don't know if this setting can be changed per application (I do not think it can) and once updated it is not possible to get earlier versions. This is all Apples standard processes and out of our control 

Ah yes. My bad. I did have auto updates turned on. I just turned it off following these instructions.