shapelet

The grid in designer and photo iPad not aligning to paper

Hi dear reader, 

When trying to use ”grid” in one of the affinity apps they are only showing in the bottom left corner. And when moving the document the grid moves slower.

I can obviously draw my own grid.

I think this is a serious bugD102CA53-A5EB-4D05-89D4-43B36E9B54B4.thumb.jpeg.866c37e0c28a71e344834ce64d069883.jpeg

Hi, I enclosed the document although I don't think it's document related. grid test.afphoto

What happens too is that the document starts in the bottom left corner but when you zoom or interact, like add an image, it jumps to actual scale.

D4A07E68-0877-4569-9453-7D86F9ECE9B4.png

548EE219-FC7E-472A-B3BA-8C88622936DF.png

On 8/29/2018 at 10:59 AM, JFisher said:

Hi shapelet,

Would it be possible to attach the document you're working with so I can test this? 

Hi JFischer  I added the files. Am I really the only one who has this problem??? Hardly Can believe it, it so consistent with me 

I found what the problem is. I use zoomed mode on my iPad because I want a split keyboard. Switching zoomed mode of solves the problem. Also, the image doesn't start at the left bottom when opening a picture.

(to switch:

1. Tap on the Settings app.

2. Tap on Display & Brightness.

3. Tap on View.

4. Tap on Zoomed.)

Thank you, shapelet. This provides a workaround for me. I also rely on grids, doing technical origami diagrams a lot. And I could not understand why grids and objects zoom differently, loosing the grid snap. And drawing an object shows a different height x width than the grid indicates.

It is as if the grid does not conform to the zoomed mode.

To the Affinity debelopers: Great product, but my 57-year old eyes strongly prefer zoomed mode, so I really hope you will resolve this problem soon.