You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Marquee tool problems

Hello, I am having trouble with the Marquee tool. When I make a circle holding shift to make it perfect it wont stay in the corner I click and becomes offset as I drag outward. If it stayed at the point of click and dragged out I could match it perfectly with the circle I am trying to protect and erase around. Since the entire position of the circle moves around for some reason instead of having a stationary anchor point I have to resize it (common scene, please fix and make points anchor to were they are actually clicked.). But when I resize the circle the whole background image resizes, but this is the opposite of what I want, I want to perimeter the circle over top and match the circumference. I unchecked the boxes, put marquee on its own layer, I've tried work around still not working and frustrated... All I want to do is make a marquee circle and resize JUST THE MARQUEE CIRCLE not the selection, background or anything, don't want to add subtract or anything fancy...Just resize...this should be so straight forward and simple, and yet.....*sigh* I should have just got Photoshop... Why this this not straight forward and simple? Why can't i just use the pointer tool to resize the Marquee to th size I want without affecting the original picture. Please make it so that the marquee circle (and squares and yes all the marquees.....) stays in its anchor where clicked and drags from there. This would save so much frustration and resizing issues. Affinity Photo is great but designer is a far ways from any kind of workable program, Im very disappointed in how buggy the designer is compared to the photo. Default black for text and outlines are brown and not black.....Gotta change them every time......Come on guys pick up those boot straps and make designer as good as photo because the way designer stands.......its....well kinda garbage and lacks a lot of common scene elements and features. Come on guys please do better make designer as good as photo.  

Had to use ellipse tool. Even still the ellipse does not anchor to click point and offsets........Okay work around but still make anchor points work properly please, it' just such a glaring common sense issue to have anchor point when using shapes.. Like really?! I can't even believe I had to say that it's so painfully obvious to anchor point your shape tools. Lets go affinity it's preschool stuff guys; a fifth grader would have programed anchor points to shape tools! And fix up marquee too please. This work around wont always do......