You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adobe Acrobat Alternative?

• Staff

Hi Healing Doodle,

We are making Affinity Publisher which is a desktop publishing app however we have no plans for an Acrobat alternative.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

What features you would need? Word itself can export to PDF (and using mac can also print to PDF). Of course if you need book formatting features, Publisher will do that (how well, remains to be seen).

I would recommend that you check also publishing to epub-format – Jutoh is a solid tool for converting Word to epub.

I use Acrobat for professional Pre-press.. being able to check for correct separations and correct overprints, knockouts and trapping.. etc.. that's the functionality I am looking for..

Sam Neil: " Nitro PDF is the best one out there. We use it all the time. " does that have prepress capability??? Cheers..

I'm in the same boat as @DegasBrush I need to be able to print white on top and/or beneath my images. On top for tattoos and bottom for prints that go on colored paper. Checking the color separation is important in this process. Spot colors are also fairly important but Affinity Designer does kind of take care of a lot of this..