Hi,

I've calibrated my scanner using the X-Rite i1 Studio and that resulted in a ICC profile. The profile is saved in the same place as my printer and display profiles (C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color) but when I choose Document->Assign ICC profile in Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 my printer and display profiles are there but not my scanner profile. When I do the same in Photoshop CC 2018 I get a very long list of profiles including my scanner profile, why?

Best regards

Nicke

assign_profile_affinity.png

assign_profile_photoshop.png

Hi @Niclas Hallgren ,

Welcome to the forums. 

Is that a CMYK or RGB profile? I'm asking because they would only show up in the correct colour space - CMYK profiles on CMYK documents, and RGB profiles in RGB documents. 

Your document is RGB by the looks of it. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I notice that Nicke's scanner profile is a .icm file rather than .icc, and I recall other posts about the Affinity programs on Windows sometimes (always?) only seeing .icc profiles. Perhaps it's related to that?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

28 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I notice that Nicke's scanner profile is a .icm file rather than .icc, and I recall other posts about the Affinity programs on Windows sometimes (always?) only seeing .icc profiles. Perhaps it's related to that?

That's exactly what I thought. But you can see that the 2 other icm profiles show up correctly. Weird. 

Thank you. It seems to be invalid.

image.png

The PCS for RGB should be XYZ and not LAB. LAB is used for CMYK. Also, you're missing the CMM type which is necessary for a valid ICC. I'm not sure how you made it to work in PS, but I get an error message: 

image.png

You would have to re-build your ICC profile and try again.