You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Picture management

i'm using affinty photo for some months now and I'm very pleased with it. But I would like to have a tool for image managment. Something like an image organizer where i can organize my images.

Is there any intention for such an organizer to be develloped thatfits in affinity photo? Would be very nice to have something like that. Could be another persona in affinity photo.

Does anybody know anything about it??

I am currently using Pixave for my files, because it's one of the few applications to support and preview Designer and Photo files.

Works well for me, even though others here in the forums don't agree with me. Just search the forums for "Pixave" and see what comes up. Maybe it's an interim solution for you too (it's just 10 Pounds).

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, GabrielM said:

Hi @froggy,

Welcome to the forums. 

A DAM is something we would be interested to produce, but not anytime in the near future. 

moved to feature requests

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hello !

Here is your biggest mistake!
Not consider the development of a DAM as a priority, it is deny all professionals as customers!

Pros or knowledgeable amateurs have thousands of pictures. Their ranking is as important as the processing and as you have a proprietary format, there is NO DAM that can reference the native Affinity Photo files!
Cataloging RAW or Exports files with other software is irrelevant; it's the retouching files that need to be classified! So there is no alternative to work with your software...

I like your product and enjoy your business policy, but I can not afford that it's a mess in my job.

Unfortunately, and like many, I think more and more to return to Adobe because of the lack of DAM. In the end, I wonder if having to buy Affinity Photo will not have been a bad operation and will not have made me waste precious time !!

Could you at least be clear about this development, rather than promise the moon and cost fool your customers?