You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro - generating preview (Win 10; Desktop, Affinity Photo 1.6.5)

Hi, i have built some macros. Affinity Photo is showing me a "Generating Preview" window when i start the macro. After approving the dialog box the macros fulfills the task. This takes two times the time. I dont want a preview to be generated. If it is showing unwanted results i still can go back in the history.

How do i turn this feature off?

It is very hard to say what is happening or its cause without at least some idea of what the macro does.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi,

here is the macro. It changes the current layer to a rasterized one, then selects partially transparent regions, then enlarges the selected area by a user defined amount of pixels, and finally is doing an edit/inpaint.

Useful when you are rotating an image or straighten the horizont.

//Huebi

MyMacros.afmacros

You  assigned an "interaction" slider, calling growsize. 

As soon as there is an "interaction" dialog you will get a "tweak-preview". If you do not want this, go to the cock(s) and UNCHECK the eye-icon(s). In your case just this only one. The macro will than giveout its algorithm with the the constant value of the slider. So choose this setting with most compatibility.

BTW: Yeah, inpainting is a powerfull but also compute-intensive process, uncheck the preview will half the time! So, if you are happy with the CONSTANT value of the slider, you should indeed uncheck this!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Hmmm, as this should work with different sizes of the picture i would like to leave the size of the growth value to the user. But i'll take your answer as "if you want to have a user selection, you will get a preview" they i cant habe the one without the other. At least right now. As i have the possibilty to rollback if the result is not convinicing I would have preferred to be able to turn off the preview.