Malauch

Wrong document dimension when exporting with Export Persona

I have found bug which makes Export Persona totally useless when working with artboards with dimensions in milimeters. Slice dimensions are always pixels, so when exporting artboard/documents dimensions are transleted from mm to pixels and then again to milimeters. This process changes dimensions of final document (pdf).

For example artboard 94,00 x 100,00 mm after exporting is 94,06 x 100,08 mm 

The only workaround which I found is using Export dialog.

Artboard1.afdesign

Artboard1.pdf

Screenshot of Affinity Designer (26-08-2018, 18-24-59).jpg

If you open your .afdesign file, and use File > Document Setup... to change the units to px, switch to the Move tool, and then look at the Transform studio, you'll see that your Artboard has a pixel measurement of 1110.2px by 1181.1px.

When exporting, Designer can't export .2px nor .1px, so it must round your document size up to the next whole pixel measurement.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Still a bug in situation when I create artoboard 94x100 mm, export and import and then have 94,06 x 100,08 mm. It's not true that Designer can't do it right. It can without any problem when exporting artboard via export dialog. Below export from the same file made by Export dialog.

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 6.52.03 AM.png

Artboard1 export dialog.pdf

Hi Malauch,

This is by design as Walt has said above. Due to the design of the Export Persona, how it uses slices to mark what is exported and it being aimed at UI designers, Slices have to snap to always be in whole pixels, which is why you're getting that additional piece of space added. 

The Export dialog doesn't need to have to snap to whole pixel numbers, so doesn't have that 'issue'.

So now it's basically broken by design if want to export quickly diffrent artboards to separate pdf for print. The main problem is that slices uses different units then the document. When I choose to work in milimeters then every aspect of the Designer should also work in milimeters. 

By design or not it is still a bug when after export I get diffrent size of document/artboard then the one wich I set.

On 9/3/2018 at 7:24 AM, Malauch said:

So now it's basically broken by design if want to export quickly diffrent artboards to separate pdf for print. The main problem is that slices uses different units then the document. When I choose to work in milimeters then every aspect of the Designer should also work in milimeters. 

By design or not it is still a bug when after export I get diffrent size of document/artboard then the one wich I set.

I think it will work as you want, but you need to make sure that from the start you work with "Force Pixel Alignment" on and "Move by Whole Pixels" off.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.356), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.486 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.7.3.475 Beta