Hi,

Affinity Photo Windows version 1.6.5.123.

For some reason dropdown menus are opening left side, instead of right. How can I get those back to right side?

Edited by MarkoSA
Tittle spelling mistake corrected

Can you please reset your Affinity Photo back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching Photo. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. pen.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

And please let me know if the issue with the menus remains

I was able to reset Affinity Photo as you requested. Issue is still there. I took couple of screen captures after the reset, see attachments. I also closed the application and launched Photo again, no help.

Right side of the dropdown menu all sub-menus are on the left side. Left side of the dropdown menu all sub-menus are on the right side. Same session. I haven't never experienced the same problem before and been using Affinity Photo already for sometime.

I haven't done any changes on Windows settings. All the other applications are showing dropdown sub-menus right side of the menu. Not switching right-left-right etc.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by MarkoSA
Text clarification.

16 minutes ago, MarkoSA said:

Right side of the dropdown menu all sub-menus are on the left side. Left side of the dropdown menu all sub-menus are on the right side. Same session. I haven't never experienced the same problem before and been using Affinity Photo already for sometime.

That's not an Affinity issue, but is caused by Windows, as (if I remember correctly) part of an accessibility feature for users with tablets attached to their PCs. I'm sure it's been mentioned in these forums previously, but it may take me awhile to find it.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

I'm using PC on desktop mode. All tablet functions been turned OFF. Or do you mean drawing tablet? I am using Wacom Intuos S tablet.

PhotoShop CS5.1 is not behaving as such, just tried that.

Yes, that's what I was thinking of. Thanks, @carl123.

However, having proposed that, I should note that my PC is set to "right-handed" but it exhibits the same behavior as shown in @MarkoSA's screenshot above. So it may simply be a behavior of Windows that the pull-downs happen on different sides, when you have a drawing tablet installed?

By the way, there's a simpler way to find that setting than shown in the thread you found: Open Windows settings, and put "handedness" in the search box.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

You have to change it from Right to Left

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

6 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Thanks. Also, you need to close and restart the Affinity application.

-- Walt

7 minutes ago, carl123 said:

My bad. Thanks for this, now Photo menus seems to work logically compared to the other applications.

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Oddly, not on my Windows 8.0 PC

Changes take effect immediately

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Correct. That's the way how it goes. This setting change was only needed for Photo. Interestingly all the other applications were running and are still running like nothing has happened.

3 minutes ago, MarkoSA said:

Correct. That's the way how it goes. This setting change was only needed for Photo. Interestingly all the other applications were running and are still running like nothing has happened.

The Affinity applications are aware of some things that other applications ignore, such as your monitor's color profile. This is just one more :)

-- Walt