You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thought of day if I may

to be read as general comments and not as just an Affinity thing

I'm noticing how so many expect a newer program to be a clone of an older program, when in fact the newer program is just an alternative for the older one. Not everyone has to have, or needs ALL the bells and whistles of the older program . This thinking has be very strong with On1 as being a replacement for Lr; it's NOT a replacement, it's a whole new alternative the same as Affinity is an alternative to PS.

Full on pros may need all the big bells and whistles stacked up in Adobe; however most others certainly don't need all that fuss

While photo editing has become so much easier; it has become so much more complicated, confusing and so very time consuming sorting out the complications and confusing .

I have the thought that we would be better to have several smaller programs doing their main job very well instead of one massive program trying to doing it all. Isn't that how it used to be ? At the moment, I have settled on 3; possible 4, even though I could do 80-90% of my editing with the one older program.

The hard part for those with editing experience is they are not prepared to give up a few of their favourite lollies and treats for other flavours when using the newer programs.

And the hard part for programmers is they feel they have to add every whistle or bell a user may request; or just bitch about . And so often it would seem the new whistle adds other dramas to a program that is not working perfectly in the first place. I feel that is one problem with Lr ; adobe have made it to do [try to do] so much more than the original idea of being an advanced photo organiser with basic editing tools.