Alex_M

Photo version 1.6.5 instant crashes when panning. Unusable.

As it has described @Zox crashes  Ap 1.6.4 and 1.6.5 without error message.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.1.404 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.1.404:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.1.399:       Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1809 Build 17763.557)

No crash here 1.6.5 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

4 hours ago, Chris_K said:

So this is dependant on the order you release the buttons. With any brush based tool if let go of the space bar first and then the click it will crash as soon as you release the click. If you release the click first and then let go of the space bar it should be fine

Yes, it is depending of the order of releasing the brush and spacebar. I have been working all day illustratin using my Wacom Intous with no problems at all. But, using the Chris K provaction, the program crashed. Crash confirmed! 

It took me a while to reproduce because thats not the way I am working so my muscle memory was in the way :) But yes, following steps described by Zox it is indeed crashing.

21 hours ago, Zox said:

Hi all.

So ...by following the steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Create a new document and then create a pixel layer.
  2. Activate the Paint Brush tool.
  3. Press Spacebar + Left Mouse Button and start panning around. Release Spacebar while still keeping Left Mouse Button pressed.
  4. Instant crash.

Here Affinity Photo just istantly quit, with any kind of message! :-O

Windows 10 - 64 bit

I just tested this on my system and I got the exact same issue were it crashes, but leaves no crash info. The crash log folder ( %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports ) is also empty.

Machine info as follows:

1. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)
  2. Motherboard: GA-990XA-UD3
  3. Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
  4. Memory: 32GB RAM
  5. Graphics Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 SSC 4GB
  6. 3 Screens (2 Samsung, 1 Huion GT 220 v 2)

The same happened to me. Windows 10 - 64 bit
I'm using an XP-PEN Deco 1 graphic tablet, and A. Photo has crashed using the dedicated tablet button to move the image you're working on. (Which corresponds as an action to the space bar)
I've had several crashes, both in version 1.6.4 and now in 1.6.5, even with other actions, especially when I work quickly, switching from one command to another, or turning the levels on and off.