mredig

[Multi] Sticky Settings

Know you guys are busy but it's been 2+  years since this thread was started...  :(

Please don't send this to the bottom of the pile....

Plus one on sticky settings.

Posted recently something similar about the Crop tool remembering which Setting I've used.

I don't want to choose it each time when working with my pictures. I use the "Original Ratio" 99% of the time and I have to rechoose it always.  It always stays ons the default " Unconstrained"

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

My guess is that AP with never be finished, because of the new apps for iPads and the Windows version. Appears to me as if Serif just wanted to shoot a hot balloon into the Adobe sphere...

hobbyists discuss new camera features

photographers discuss new software

masters discuss light

I see that with 1.6 out, yet this still isn't addressed. 

I struggle to understand how a program can be written from scratch, but something as basic as tool settings is not remembered between each session.

It's a real shame because it's such a nice program to use but this "bug" (yes it's a bug) really takes the polish off. It's quite frustrating to use the inpaint tool only to release it's reverted back to "current layer". Most tools in Affinity Photo suffer the same issue. 

On 5/9/2015 at 9:02 AM, velarde said:

Plus one on sticky settings.

Posted recently something similar about the Crop tool remembering which Setting I've used.

I don't want to choose it each time when working with my pictures. I use the "Original Ratio" 99% of the time and I have to rechoose it always.  It always stays ons the default " Unconstrained"

Hello and happy new year .

Just saw the 1.7 sneak peak videos. Looks good but just wanted to give a little nudge to this so it doesn't get forgotten...

I know a little bit has been addressed in these years but how about adding even MORE support for sticky settings all around the apps?

Specially on the Crop tool Mode/Aspect ratio  would be a great help.

Thanks

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

(Thought I'd add this here as it seems to fall into the 'sticky settings' area.)

Export settings  Just a small thing but I would like the export dialogue to remember what 'Area' settings (Whole document, Selection with background etc) were used from the last export. It currently remembers 'File type' (PNG, JPEG etc) and 'Preset' (...for print, ...for web etc) but 'Area' always defaults back to Whole document.

export.png

Windows Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Windows 10 Home (v1809). Windows scaling 115% 

When I add a radial gradient to a live filter to mask it, sorta like a vignette, then do something else briefly, then decide I want the gradient to be a bit smaller, I have to change the type from None to Radial again, and the second color stop from light gray back to black, even tho I just used these settings a minute ago and didn't create any other gradients. It seems like it should remember the most recently used settings, at least within the same session. It's a problem with other tools as well for me.

Complete Affinity suite; Mac 10.9; kbd & mouse; casual user since 2014.

I'll just paste my message from the other forum. I can't believe that this has been a request for so long, and still is not implemented. 

Please, Serif, it's very annoying when the settings don't stick, and the workflow gets needlessly cluttered.

I hope that this gets addressed soon. The Affinity programs need to remember the settings for tools, filters, export settings etc. IMO, it's common sense that you don't need to repeat basic things over and over again when working with professional software.