You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image corruption in display, Win 10, 1.6.4.104, new NVidia driver

I am running Win10, with Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104, and after updating to the latest driver, I began to encounter image corruption in the display only of all pictures I open.

The picture open in Affinity Photo is a screen capture of Photo, which itself has a different corrupted-display image open within it. 
The entire area of the display, even the non-image area is corrupted, which makes me think there is an incompatibility with the new NVidia driver I have installed.
Tested with .jpg and .png, but since the entire display area has the corrupted display, I doubt it is related to image encoding. 

This only began to happen immediately after the graphics driver upgrade, not after the Affinity Photo upgrade, which was a couple of months ago, or longer, for me.

image.thumb.png.6210e6c8669e51120b2c0da85ac8d0eb.png

My video driver info:

image.png.ee4a0c1f900266a888f5f1cc08dbf5fd.pngimage.png.22b618f6107433b6c36cf21fab3e5462.png

• Staff

Hi @Jaycephus ,

Welcome to the forums. 

Nvidia rolled an update through the Windows Update system that caused some issues. They later fixed this, but did not deploy it again through the Windows Update, but only through their website. If you uninstall the current drivers and install the latest build from Nvidia's website, you should be fine. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 2:52 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @Jaycephus ,

Welcome to the forums. 

Nvidia rolled an update through the Windows Update system that caused some issues. They later fixed this, but did not deploy it again through the Windows Update, but only through their website. If you uninstall the current drivers and install the latest build from Nvidia's website, you should be fine. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Actually, prior to the problem, I had updated to the most recent driver manually, then noticed that there was an issue shown above a bit later. It also appeared in MS Edge, which I don't normally use.

I just updated to the newest NVidia driver for my system, 399.07, and the problem has been cleared up/fixed.

Thanks.