You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fix the color picker, please.

If i'm in the brush tool and i want to color pick a color,  i press alt and i need to click and drag on the canvas to pick a colour.

That's not good at all, i should go to the color picker tool as soon as i press alt (i should also get a visual feedback) ; then i should be able to color pick the color that i want and when i release alt i should be back to the brush tool.

Having to click and drag to pick a colour is a waste of time, specially if you're doing manual color blending for digital painting (this is one thing that's holding me back from using affinity photo as my main digital painting tool)

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree. Actually every solution to pick a color is slow, strange, unprecise and not good at all.

Picking with finger it's almost impossible  because you need to 'aim', without viewing (because the finger itself) and dragging over and searching the zone...
The only way to use the picker in a proper way its via the on-screen button in the bottom bar ...but it's nested at the third level and you cannot go back and forth between brush settings and picker.

We (painters) need a quick on screen shortcut to activate the color picker AND picking with the pencil, please.

Maybe the fastest solution is to move the ons-screen button somewhere in the first level of the bottom bar or something

I' will upload a video later today