Ale

Problem with RAW files

Hello,

My problem is that when opening some RAW images in Develop Persona i get overexposed and noisy corners with purple tint, like the one below (Picture attached). However when i see the images on Preview or the camera, they look fine. I have MacOS High Sierra 10.13.06 and the photos were taken with a Sony A6000 (ILCE-6000). Is there a way i can fix the images and keep it from happening again?

Thanks

720344872_ScreenShot2018-08-21at1_41_46PM.thumb.png.be08b8f7040efc63a35380abe3d22fc1.png

HI Ale

This is the phenomenon known as vignetting and is actually part of your image. the 'purple' is actual the vignette areas overly increasing the dark areas, like maxing them out with a brightness adjustment. Most camera previews and other image edits apps actually crop the very edges of the image off and this is mainly distortions from the very edge of the lens. In affinity we chose not to do this to give the user the choice instead If you notice in affinity your file is 4024x6024. In other apps it would be 4000x6000 which would remove some of this.

Try cropping the image slightly and using the remove lens vignette options in the lens section of the Develop persona

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

17 hours ago, Ale said:

My problem is that when opening some RAW images in Develop Persona i get overexposed and noisy corners with purple tint, like the one below (Picture attached). However when i see the images on Preview or the camera, they look fine. I have MacOS High Sierra 10.13.06 and the photos were taken with a Sony A6000 (ILCE-6000). Is there a way i can fix the images and keep it from happening again?

Looks like the developer is hugely overcorrecting a lens vignette.

AP on macOS gives you the choice of two raw engines: a Serif one and an Apple one. The choice can be made in the Develop Assistant. Select the Apple engine then re-open the raw, and you should get something closer to Preview's result.

Are you aware that there is a very capable version of Capture One which is free because it only opens Sony raw files? I recommend that you develop your Sony raws to image files with that, and then optionally open the images in AP for editing that cannot be done in C1.

By the way, the image shown in the camera is a JPEG that the camera has developed from the raw.