You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've just started using AP and am finding that both on my PC (WIn10 64Bit) and MacBook Pro all the processes start to slow down after a while.  These include making various Adjustments, using the Filter dropdown to access Unsharp Mask and Clarity, etc., and Saving and Exporting.  Is there a way of getting around this. In Photoshop on the PC I have a special dedicated SSD drive that the programme uses as temporary storage, and which speeds up all the processes.  I can't seem to find a similar option in AP.  
It gets really bad, occasionally slowing down the process by up to five minutes.

• Staff

Hi @Anairb,

Welcome to the forums. 

Have you got a lot of live filters on your document? Can you share the .afphoto file with us?

We do not have a dedicated option to change the temp folder. It will use your system default %appdata% and temp folder.

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hi, Gabriel,

Thanks.  No, I don't have a lot of live filters.  There's generally an adjustment layer, sometimes two (I know, these aren't Live Filters), plus an Unsharp Mask Live Filter, occasionally a Clarity or an Add Noise. I generally Export the file to a Jpeg (it's needed for two books I'm publishing on Blurb, which only accepts Jpegs), so I don't save them as .afphoto as that just takes up space.  I will do it on my next photo.
So far, I've tried to cope by closing and re-opening AF, but that doesn't seem to help.   It's been getting worse.  Yesterday, working on my MacBook Pro, each filter/adjustment/save was taking a minimum of 15 seconds, and up to 90. 

Best wishes,

Brian

FYI but I have found that when I have the Undo limit in the preferences at the default of 1024 I also find it slowing down after an few hours of work.  I can't imagine needing to back up 1024 moves, so I reduce it to 402 and then don't see the slowing down.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra