I have a color image that I want to reduce the color on. It is too saturated. I don't want Black & White but less color so it approaches black & black. The topic in the Help for Selective Color Adjustment is not helpful. It doesn't say where to find the Selective Color adjustment.

9 hours ago, sharpart said:

The topic in the Help for Selective Color Adjustment is not helpful. It doesn't say where to find the Selective Color adjustment.

Like the other adjustments, it is on the Layer > New Adjustment Layer sub-menu, on the Adjustments popup at the bottom of the Layers Studio panel, & in the Adjustment Studio panel as the Selective Color "Default" preset.

I am not sure how it works on Windows, but on Macs if you type "Selective" into the Help menu search field, it will show you the menu item if you hover the pointer over the indicated item:

1129069392_searchhelp.jpg.e241882f64643003269cb134edaae254.jpg

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

If it is a Windows machine, press Ctrl + U. That is the keyboard shortcut to open the HSL Adjustment.

Do as @owenrsuggests and move the slider to the left.

You can tweak the colours while you are at it.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

All good answers! The HSL adjustment is just what I needed. Thanks toltec, owner, R C-R.

As far as I can tell, if one doesn't know this, the Help doesn't help in finding how to do it. It does say what each slider does, but not how to get there.

2 minutes ago, sharpart said:

All good answers! The HSL adjustment is just what I needed. Thanks toltec, owner, R C-R.

As far as I can tell, if one doesn't know this, the Help doesn't help in finding how to do it. It does say what each slider does, but not how to get there.

As you say, unless you know what to search for (and how to spell it) help files are not as much 'Help' as the name suggests ;)

I remember in the early days trying to put white text on a black background. Basic stuff you would think but I searched pretty much the whole manual (I told you it was the early days) and eventually found it under 'Inverse Video' O.o  ???

That just has to be a software engineer's description xD

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.