You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Decimal separation with comma instead of period

I use Polish keyboard layout and . (dot) on NumPad is mapped as , (comma) for decimal separation (that's how you mark it in Polish).

Unfortunately, Affinity software doesn't accept values with a comma, only with dot. I've found it a bit frustrating sometimes.
Can it be implemented in future, so both values will be accepted?

Adobe takes 10.5 as well as 10,5 which is handy and will calculate 2.5+2,5 without problems.

50,5.PNG

W11, Dell G5, i7, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, Wacom Intuos Pro M + iPad Pro 2018.
 sakrajda.eu

I'm on W10 and using UK keyboard, but sometimes switch to Polish Programmers layout. Using dot key on NumPad types comma instead, which is correct for Polish layout. In Affinity I can type comma, but AP and AD don't respect it (won't do anything after pressing enter, just revert to previous value). My Affinity software is setup to English UK.

W11, Dell G5, i7, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, Wacom Intuos Pro M + iPad Pro 2018.
 sakrajda.eu

3 hours ago, Przemysław said:

Adobe takes 10.5 as well as 10,5 which is handy and will calculate 2.5+2,5 without problems.

Works for me in Affinity Designer as well. I guess there must be something wrong with your system settings.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:28 PM, Przemysław said:

After a deeper investigation the issue of not accepting commas appears in Beta 1.6.5.123, but it's working OK in stable 1.6.4.104.

I should have checked it earlier. 

I cannot confirm your findings. Works as expected in 1.6.5.123 as well...

• 2 years later...

I am using the latest Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher on Mac. My keyboard is an Apple keyboard with numerical keypad. My system language is UK English, my keyboard is Dutch (using a comma as decimal on the numerical keypad).

When I use the keypad to input some decimal value (14,5) in Designer, the value is not accepted. The comma turns red and the number after the comma turns grey. When I hit enter, the value returns to the previous value.

I just tested this in Photo and Publisher, there all is fine. It accepts the comma as a decimal...

This is something I use a lot. Is this a problem on my side, or is there still an issue in Designer with the decimal comma?

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 10.37.04.png

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Joris Rens.

I think it would be better for you to post your own new topic in the Questions section of the forum, or even better the Designer Bugs on Mac forum, rather than add on to this old topic. That will get better visibility to everyone and better tracking in the Serif support systems.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1