You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If I create a text frame using the frame text tool, the Frame Text tool set at the top of the window includes Fill and Stroke.  However , all attempts to apply a colour file to my text frame have failed.

I also followed the instructions for creating a frame text from curves/shapes.  I started with a colour filled rounded rectangle.  As soon as I clicked the textframe cursor on the rectangle, the text insertion point appeared, bit the colour fill of the rectangle dissapeared.

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

The frame text can't have a fill or stroke, you need to duplicste the shape, and change the top shape to textshape. Evt. group them.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

That is a real shame.  If you are revising or modifying the positions and sizes of text labelled shapes in a large and complicated block diagram for example,  it can be a very tedious and time consuming  keeping the text frames and underlying shapes together.    This adds to the list of jobs for which I wouldn't use affinity designer.  For goodness sake, even Powerpoint can add text to shaped objects and keep the fill colour.

12 hours ago, KenW said:

If I create a text frame using the frame text tool, the Frame Text tool set at the top of the window includes Fill and Stroke.

Those fill & stroke properties apply to the text, not the frame. The frame just sets the origin of the text in the document & the width at which it breaks to a new line. The frame has no fill or stroke of its own.

There are several ways to adjust text frames, & to adjust text frames & any underlying shapes at the same time. One of the more useful ones, depending on the desired result, is to use the extra handle below & to the right of the selection box. Using that handle, the text size can be adjusted along with anything else included in the selection.
1415130426_extrahandle.jpg.316614e1597c1c815b449e9c0bc03894.jpg

text frame variations.afdesign

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7