You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, starting with a new camera (Fuji x pro 2) I look for an image manager. Till now it is Aperture, I like it, but it is old and it is not possible to use old mediatecs in Fotos. Apple will crash it some day, who knows...

What is used by you? Low cost, please and with future (open source?). To have a first step (as Aperture) to manage images and to edit quick a first time, then bring some single images to AP... To read Aperture mediatecs was fine. Slide maker is not needed.

Thanks

lars

By the way: runs AP comperessed RAF?

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

Hi Gabe, the compressed RAF/ RAW are ok.

And in Fotos the Aperture files can be read after the first Fotos file is moved out of the directory...

Best

lars

Hi, some more infos. The camera is fine; to use it as a hammer too. But not only the compressed pics make problems in Aperture and Fotos. Both don´t read them [and Aperture shows the focuspoint on the monitor in the not-compressed - no, my mistake to klick wrong]. It will not take long time and there are more problems... So I need another image manager. 

The Android Photo Mate R3 reads both, fine.

Cheers!

lars

The result: I saw some fotomanagements now (not LR). Think Aperture is ok for me. Seems there is a way after it is stopped some day by mac with or after Fotos.

What I do not understand is how to use AP for RAW/ RAF in a fluid process. If AP shall be the RAF-machine it has to be done first. From the camera to a directory. How do you do that? OK, no answer. Or starting with Aperture from the camera then the RAF must send out again and be loaded in AP. To bring a pic direct from Aperture to AP it is changed to TIF.

On this way with my very simple pic editing the RAF can be worked out in Aperture (Fuji says one shall use the cameras processor).

So AP is not needed normaly. Or is there a way to give RAF out of Aperture to AP and get a TIF back?

regards, lars