You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

17 minutes ago, soundlyon said:

forgot to mention these are for affinity photo/designer 1.6.4.104

They should work in any version 1.6 Affinity app. :)

(You also forgot to mention that the download is a humongous 148.6 MB!!)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

150 MB for 15 styles!!!! Why does AP such big files? I guess your used "backgrounds" are together just only 10-20MB. Or as jpg just 1-2 MB. 

Why blows AP styles, macros, etc. so EXTREM up? Converting all pictures to 600dpi bitmap????

Serious Question:

I guess, This does not bring ANY enhance, just makes the files (so non-enhanced but (end of day useless) big ....

I cant see a difference between a 37 MB png and a 60% JPEG copy of it with eg. 3,4 MB. Cheap-Handy-camera and Profi--14-Terrabyte-camera... 

If the first raw, png... become, lets say 80% "hard-compressed" jpeg ... i cant see any difference. 

But i see  a difference by resolution-changes in the "original" before.

"Compress" a PNG  from 300 to 144dpi will shrunk the size maybe half, but the result a lot. Keeping this PNG-resolution and create a JPG with eg. 77% will shrunk the size A LOT and the quality will not never, never lost so much. 

Is this a feeling or this real? 

And why creates so extraorinary big files with "small jpegs" in styles, macros...? 

Use AP BMP instead of JPG/PNG... because decompression cost some CPU and space is cheaper than CPU, like in stoneage of digital-picture-working? Today a on-the-fly-Decompress-JPG... i do not know, its an act of not-messurable... so fast... why this big files, what the reason?

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

26 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

150 MB for 15 styles!!!! Why does AP such big files? I guess your used "backgrounds" are together just only 10-20MB. Or as jpg just 1-2 MB. 

Why blows AP styles, macros, etc. so EXTREM up? Converting all pictures to 600dpi bitmap????

Serious Question:

I guess, This does not bring ANY enhance, just makes the files (so non-enhanced but (end of day useless) big ....

I cant see a difference between a 37 MB png and a 60% JPEG copy of it with eg. 3,4 MB. Cheap-Handy-camera and Profi--14-Terrabyte-camera... 

If the first raw, png... become, lets say 80% "hard-compressed" jpeg ... i cant see any difference. 

But i see  a difference by resolution-changes in the "original" before.

"Compress" a PNG  from 300 to 144dpi will shrunk the size maybe half, but the result a lot. Keeping this PNG-resolution and create a JPG with eg. 77% will shrunk the size A LOT and the quality will not never, never lost so much. 

Is this a feeling or this real? 

And why creates so extraorinary big files with "small jpegs" in styles, macros...? 

Use AP BMP instead of JPG/PNG... because decompression cost some CPU and space is cheaper than CPU, like in stoneage of digital-picture-working? Today a on-the-fly-Decompress-JPG... i do not know, its an act of not-messurable... so fast... why this big files, what the reason?

i will look into making smaller files i am fairly new to all of this stuff so bare with me thanks 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you for your awesome styles. I recently stopped using Photoshop and now use Affinity Photo. I had a huge collection of styles for Photoshop that are no longer useable since they cannot be used in Affinity Photo. If anyone knows how to convert PS styles to Affinity I would love to know about it.

Thanks Again,

JulieO

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...