You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello there,

I have been experiencing issues with my Paint Brush tool. I purchased Affinity Photo a couple months ago and installed it on both my iMac (late2015) and MacBook Pro (late2012).

Everything has been working with no problem until last week when I opened a project on my iMac. I was trying to mask a layer, I press B and the Painting Brush was a SQUARE instead of a CIRCLE. It started acting weird. I don't know why. I don't have that issue on my MacBook. Everything works fine. I tried uninstalled it and installed it back and still had the same issue.

Please help.

I attached two pictures.

IMG_5567.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG

6 hours ago, okaymotion said:

Everything has been working with no problem until last week when I opened a project on my iMac. I was trying to mask a layer, I press B and the Painting Brush was a SQUARE instead of a CIRCLE. It started acting weird. I don't know why. I don't have that issue on my MacBook. Everything works fine. I tried uninstalled it and installed it back and still had the same issue.

B is a toggle (or cycle?). Pressing B once activates the Paintbrush, pressing B again activates the Colour replacement Brush, pressing B again activates the (square) Pixel brush then another B starts from the Paintbrush again, and so on. Although from your picture, you have the colour replacement brush selected, which seem odd???

Try selecting the Paint brush on the Tools panel (in the same group as the Color Replacement Brush)  or pressing B until it cycles to the Paint brush. Failing that, try clearing the user data. Press and hold Control down while you launch Photo. There will be three options already ticked on the Clear User Data panel. Just press Clear.

P.S. If you have another tool active, pressing B will select whichever brush of the three I mentioned above, depending on which one you used last. Pressing B for the second time starts to cycle through the different brushes.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.