You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Irfan,

Very odd for a sound driver to cause Affinity issues.

Can you please follow these steps to reset Affinity Designer and if it works, do the same for Affinity Photo:

1. Make sure Affinity Designer is closed and not running.

2. Press the Windows key and R to bring up the run box.

3. In the run box type %appdata%, press ENTER.

4. This will open a folder showing lots of other folders.  Please open the folders: Affinity\Designer

5. You should see a folder called 1.0 Please right click on this and select Rename and call it Old Settings

6. Start Affinity with the CTRL key held down until a message appears asking you to clear some settings then click on Clear and Affinity should continue to load.

If it's still failing, please post a screenshot of any error messages that appear.

2 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi Irfan,

Can you please follow these steps to reset Affinity Designer and if it works, do the same for Affinity Photo:

4. This will open a folder showing lots of other folders.  Please open the folders: Affinity\Designer

5. You should see a folder called 1.0 Please right click on this and select Rename and call it Old Settings

6. Restart Affinity with the CTRL key held down until a message appears asking you to clear some settings then click on Clear and Affinity should continue to load.

If it's still failing, please post a screenshot of any error messages that appear.

Ok thankyou...I will try it.

2 minutes ago, Irfan Djajasasmita said:

Ok thankyou...I will try it.

8 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi Irfan,

6. Restart Affinity with the CTRL key held down until a message appears asking you to clear some settings then click on Clear and Affinity should continue to load.

Sorry I don't understand the point 6....restart Affinity with CTRL key held down? Affinity is not allowed running in the first place? (look it the point 1) how can I restart it?

please explain me this part more clearly...

• Staff
1 minute ago, Irfan Djajasasmita said:

Sorry I don't understand the point 6....restart Affinity with CTRL key held down? Affinity is not allowed running in the first place? (look it the point 1) how can I restart it?

Sorry that should just be 'start' Affinity with the CTRL (Control key) key held down

• Staff
11 hours ago, Irfan Djajasasmita said:

I already done what you told me to..still doesn't make any difference.

Okay thanks for the screenshot.  It appears the error log hasn't been submitted, so if you could look in this location: %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports

You should find the crash log, just attach it here or in the other thread you replied to :) 

7 hours ago, stokerg said:

Okay thanks for the screenshot.  It appears the error log hasn't been submitted, so if you could look in this location: %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports

You should find the crash log, just attach it here or in the other thread you replied to :) 

5b902964-14b1-46eb-b56f-238bf91297f0.dmp

8c48f890-1d94-4b10-b2c8-9bf5e8e510c6.dmp

021fc489-316e-4be3-9ee3-4a7dc2bf55a0.dmp

29d26bb7-2569-4090-9f7a-55900c31af36.dmp

98fec41b-8972-41ac-8b6b-376b9b9744ff.dmp

64858d63-d8b4-4358-8370-e86082405dc2.dmp

a3d94d24-8375-4a57-98c2-802bb9fede5c.dmp

b8e97c90-db73-4d7c-969b-02ff5d8e47fd.dmp

b0121ac9-77ae-45f4-9e7d-f9f966605854.dmp

b745abb4-ab7b-4e63-882a-ce5d8d099469.dmp