You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

When increasing canvas size, followed by cropping to desired aspect ratio and increasing image size I suspect to end up with a single background layer image without hidden extras.

Not so, apparently: when applying a plugin effect the preview in the plugin contains larger (corrupted) area in which the "original part" of the image is clearly separated  from added image area by boundaries/ visible transition edges.

Flatten image, rasterize layer, merge visible, clip canvas, etc. all doesn't help. The only solution is exporting the image and load it back again prior to running a plugin on it.

Any ideas how to truly flatten an image in Affinity Photo? In such a way there is no hidden larger canvas size or what so ever?

One example of a plugin that I used is FilterForge but I noticed the issue with using other plugins as well.

Roberto

Cropping in Affinity Photo is non-destructive. You need to rasterize the result if you want to include pixels inside the cropping region and completely remove the pixels outside that region.

Edit: Apologies. I’ve just re-read your OP and I see that you tried rasterizing the layer. I’ve no idea why that didn’t work.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Nope.

Even after rasterizing I still have a larger image in which I can click to select the originally smaller image and move that part around.

The marquee around the image portion I can move around is the exact image portion that plugins apply their effects to.