You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Logofolio 2016 - 2018

Mik Kryger

Hi! 

I've finally decided to share my work after 3 years of collecting projects under my bed ... :71_smiling_imp:

I'm posting this here because I don't see much professional work that has been made in our lovely Affinity Designer!

I have around 100 projects portioned in 4 volumes. I want to publish one of them each week so stay tuned :) 

Full presentation:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/69209275/Logofolio-No-1-Combination-Abstract

I would love to hear what you think about these. 

Share your opinion. 

bot.jpg

Graphic Designer + Web Developer

You can find me here: Behance / Dribbble / Instagram

• 2 weeks later...

Some nice logos there.

I have a few comments (from top-left to bottom-right) from my first look at them:

1. Difficult to read what it says at first - "Bohemian"? - and the different letter widths don't look right to me.
2. Crunchy Rollers. A "Candy Crush" sequel perhaps? No issues.
3. ZEN - I agree with Wojciech, it does look a bit creepy - in a good way - like it's growing.
4. I've no idea what this one is supposed to be.
5. A bit confusing this one. Took me a while to read the word "primordinal" (which isn't an English word) but it looks like there's an extra "I" after the "O" too.
6. Leaf - No issues.
7. ATA - Nice.
8. I'm not sure if the "S" shape around the whole thing is supposed to be read. "Mough" isn't a word I recognise, and neither is "Smough".
9. Million - No issues.
10. DO DO - Don't know if it's just me but it makes my eyes hurt a bit.
11. POPS - No issues, just can't see how it would be used.
12. The Countess - Took me a while to put the shapes on the end into being part of the word. Thought at first they were just a shape.
13. Jake Simmons - Nice.
14. LEO - Nice.
15. Franky & Frank - No issues.
16. Kreatywa? - Can't tell what the text is supposed to spell.
17. RICOR - Nice.
18. SUDE? - A bit difficult to read at first. My brain came up with "Suede" first.
19. NUNK - Interesting but a bit hard on the eyes.
20. OCEA - Nice.
21. Walker's - No issues.
22. AIDBOW? - Difficult to read.
23. Valentine Sanwers? - Nice concept but can't read the background word very easily.
24. NH? - A little bit confusing and not quite "there" enough.

All of the above is simply just a shortened form of what went through my head when I saw them for the first time this morning.
If I couldn't read or understand something then it could easily be that it's just my problem but, for me, if you can't figure out what a logo 'says to the viewer' within a second then it probably needs to be changed.

All-in-all there are some nice ideas in there and I would have been happy to have created most of them myself, but some of them are a bit confusing (which is easily-enough done when you're trying to come up with something both unique and eye-catching).

Please don't be disheartened by my comments. They're just the opinions of myself, someone who's deliberately looking at them to try and find fault because I want to learn more about the subject and draw better logos and icons in the future. You've actually given me some interesting things to think about, so thanks for that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 9:52 AM, GarryP said:

1. Difficult to read what it says at first - "Bohemian"? - and the different letter widths don't look right to me.

Yes. Letters are adjusted to the overall shape. You can clearly see that up and down lines are the same. We wanted it to be more funky and independent. 

4. I've no idea what this one is supposed to be.

Lettermark - with tribal feeling. 

5. A bit confusing this one. Took me a while to read the word "primordinal" (which isn't an English word) but it looks like there's an extra "I" after the "O" too.
Thats the client idea..."he wanted to have a unique naming based on that word" even if I strongly dissuade that conception. 

10. DO DO - Don't know if it's just me but it makes my eyes hurt a bit.

We wanted it to be pixel-like.

12. The Countess - Took me a while to put the shapes on the end into being part of the word. Thought at first they were just a shape.
Can you see a women shape in last letters? :)

16. Kreatywa? - Can't tell what the text is supposed to spell.
Polish naming.

18. SUDE? - A bit difficult to read at first. My brain came up with "Suede" first.
Correct. 

23. Valentine Sanwers? - Nice concept but can't read the background word very easily.

It doesn't need to be stupidly obvious. It all depends on specific direction that is based on creative brief. 

24. NH? - A little bit confusing and not quite "there" enough.

Correct. We wanted it to be rusty, old and not too obvious at first view. 

If I couldn't read or understand something then it could easily be that it's just my problem but, for me, if you can't figure out what a logo 'says to the viewer' within a second then it probably needs to be changed.

I agree in most cases thats why in all of my creations I need good creative brief to know a lot of things before designing. 

All-in-all there are some nice ideas in there and I would have been happy to have created most of them myself, but some of them are a bit confusing (which is easily-enough done when you're trying to come up with something both unique and eye-catching).

Im always designing based on good creative brief and with good understanding about the client and its target audience. In some cases I know that the solution doesn't need to be obvious at first. But you need to be careful :)

Please don't be disheartened by my comments. They're just the opinions of myself, someone who's deliberately looking at them to try and find fault because I want to learn more about the subject and draw better logos and icons in the future. You've actually given me some interesting things to think about, so thanks for that.

I do prefer that kind of comments rather than "good job" which giving me nothing ;) 

(my answers above in bold)

Garry thanks so much for your effort! I really appreciate the fact that you put so much energy and time to share this! 
I would answer faster but I wanted to share something. 

I've designed alphabet of monograms. 
Full presentation:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/70610901/Alphabet-of-Monograms

smallv2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Every blink of the eye brings a picture to the human mind. Our thoughts and concepts, memories and dreams, our whole experience is played out in pictures. I share this carefully curated unpublished set of 50 shapes that I work on through years for inspiration purpose.

link:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/71140757/Symbols-Signs-Collection

teaser.png